PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replacing mogul with insurance.. and random thoughts.

Two days ago the phone started freezing, yesterday the phone locked up and wouldnt soft reset. Screen wouldnt come on at all. I did a hard reset and the screen came on to reset but then turns off after the reset.

Anyway I go to sprint to swap the phone with another one. They never charge me anything to swap my phone as long as its not damaged and its just malfunctioning. Anyway the Sprint store didnt have anything so my options where to wait or go online. I go online and file the claim and asurian tried to charge me $50. Whats the deal did I claim it wrong or what? They didnt have a problem that stated phone is just locked up. So I had to put broken screen, screen blank. The damn phone is not damaged at all its mint its just freezing as these phones do. Anyway no biggy I will call them tomorrow and get the issue sorted out. I am just curious as to weather I did something wrong when fileing or if its just impossible to claim on their site without paying that $50. Thanks!

Does anyone have a mogul that doesnt act up? I have had this phone for a short time and this is my second one, going on third. Anyway its not the programs I am adding because it doesnt freeze after I add a bad programe or if it does I just remove the prog and go on about my way.

On another note anyone looking forward to the Palm Pre I hear its going to be manufactured in an HTC plant and that should start in MARCH :0 that means a possible june release. not sure how I am going to like the keyboard compared to the sweet mogul keyboard. If thats the case I will sell it and try the touch pro 2 if that ever comes out. I love the speaker phone setup thats supposed to be on the touch pro 2.

Also is there anyone like me that hopes when they swap their phone out they dont get a TP? I like the TP and its 3dflow whatever. But besides the 3D, 3.2camera larger rom or whatever the I think the mogul is the better phone function wise. Its got tones of usefull bottons. Plus with a few tweaks and .cab's you can make the mogul function similar to the TP. My personal set up is fairly basic with the HTC home customizer, quick menu, Ftouchsl (touch flow which works great), skyfire, youtube and pandora. I heard you cant get pandora to work properly on the TP. Pandora is awesome and a hard thing for me to give up. Anyway the TP hardly seems like and update from the mogul more like a fancy tweaked version with less buttons and is slightly smaller. Also the scroll wheel on that feels usless as all hell.

Last edited by twilk; 04-03-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work
Re: Replacing mogul with insurance.. and random thoughts.

well it sounds like you pay the $7 for ins. in cases like yours since its not physically broken i would ask them to try and repair it. if they cant see if they will replace it because going through asurion will cost you as you have to pay the deductible. If that store you went to couldnt offer a replacement id try another store that could. just my 2 cents im sure the others will chime in.

quick side note. with all the replacement mogul TP threads ive come to believe the following....this is just my opinion:

those with ins and going to the store for a replacement seem to be getting the same device back as a referb. so mogul for mogul, touch for touch

those going through INS, paying for the deductible some are getting upgrades as referb TPs some new in box replacements. keep in mind this is just what it seems just by reading the threads.

Last edited by cardriver; 04-03-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

If you go through the Tech support (enhanced warr) you will get mogol for mogol, the insurance is giving out 6850's.. I was having issues with Tech support sending me refurbs and they where the biggest pieces of junk, like the one i have now the wi-fi dosnt work and the scroll wheel is almost broke.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900

Table83 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post
If you go through the Tech support (enhanced warr) you will get mogol for mogol, the insurance is giving out 6850's.. I was having issues with Tech support sending me refurbs and they where the biggest pieces of junk, like the one i have now the wi-fi dosnt work and the scroll wheel is almost broke.
+1 on that comment. I personally have had problems with my mogul. First one they gave me a new mogul, the next one I got was referb.

If you want to do it for free online the link is:
https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&FROM_SPRINT=Y
Again expect mogul for mogul. TP for TP.
$50 for a TP isn't bad though.
The $50 link is http://www.phoneclaim.com
Old 04-03-2009, 09:22 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

If you're gonna do anything with Assurion, I would hurry before it goes up to $100. That may have already happend though, I can't remember what data in April.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

and before they get refurb 6800's back in stock! i just got 1 6850 for my old mogol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
If you're gonna do anything with Assurion, I would hurry before it goes up to $100. That may have already happend though, I can't remember what data in April.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm20 View Post

That's not necessarily true, it depends on what they have in stock. I went through tech support through "Employees Helping Customers", and was given a refurb Mogul the first time, and the minute I powered it on, it had the same problem as my original one, so I called my representative, who 3-way called to Tech Support, and they sent me a TP, NIB.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:04 PM
onlyinsyder

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

just got a 6850 Touch Pro (BSN!!!) because I lost my old 6700 piece of junk... and I dont think the charge goes up to $100 until April 15, 2009, which is tomorrow.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinsyder View Post
just got a 6850 Touch Pro (BSN!!!) because I lost my old 6700 piece of junk... and I dont think the charge goes up to $100 until April 15, 2009, which is tomorrow.

April 19th.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan