PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another program memory post..

How much prog mem does everyone usualy start with after a restart? I have a bunch of stuff loaded on my phone and memory card. Currently I have 120mbs free storage and I start with 20mbs free program.

If their is 46mb total and 26mb in use. How can I figure out what is running? There is nothing open everything is closed. So is the Today screen, Quickmenu and phones proc. eating up that 26mb? Anything I can get rid of or deactivate without making a custom Rom to free up some of that in use 26mb?

Damn if I did make a custom Rom it would be bair. This phones got no program storage. Not exactly sure why I even care it seems to function properly all the time anyway.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Re: Another program memory post..

You didn't say what ROM you are running. A DCD ROM usually leaves you with about 24mb on startup. No2chem's latest run in it's bare bones state will leave you over 30mb. WM uses up a chunk of available memory. If you open up your task manager you can see what programs and processes are running in the background. 20mb isn't bad really. I'm running DCD's latest and with all the stuff I added at startup I have about 16.5mb free. If you have no problems with low memory then as you said you don't really need to worry about it.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Sorry I didnt mention the Rom. Its not a cooked Rom its just Sprints standered Rom. It must be the background runing programs like the CPU, camera and other functions that the phone starts up with. When I go into task manager there isnt anything running.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan (MOGUL)

the_overlord is just getting started

Rember the OS on your phone is just like any other OS for a PC in that it has to load a kernel into memory as well as drivers and services. and they all take memory. For a GUI OS and everything else to run is 26mb or less is really pretty fantastic to begin with.

About the only thing left is to disable some of the drivers like the hardware keys, battery interface, video driver. Or stop some of the services like the maybe the pesky phone service..
Old 04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

You may have a lot of junk files taking up space, too. Look into a cleanup app, such as MemMaid or S-K-Tools

Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

There are 2-3 services running in the background of the Sprint stock ROM in addition to the OS that are using program memory. Quickmenu and the other Today plugins are also using resources.

Try using fewer plugins or get a memory management app like Oxios, Memmaid or SKtools.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan