PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Lurker

kidkazi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
weird picture quality.

just was wondering if anyone been having this happen to them.

When i take a picture with the mogul, before i click to snap the picture, the image in the lcd looks fine. but when i snap the pict, it seems like the camera turns the image into like a painting or something. like an effect done with photoshop.

does anyone know how to fix this so that the image i take looks like the image i see before i snap the picture. so far, the camera feature has been a big flop for me because of this problem. i have seem pictures taken with camera phones that look way better than the one i take with this phone.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
The same thing happens to me too. I've been trying to figure out what's going on for weeks.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
I've had this happen as well. I need to play with the camera more, but it can be real frustrating.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gaines is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to gaines Send a message via AIM to gaines Send a message via MSN to gaines Send a message via Yahoo to gaines
In my experience, this is a result of moving the phone as I press the button. Try holding it against a table or doorframe and take the picture. If it's better then you probably need to practice squeezing the picture button slowly without shaking the phone or prop it against something.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaines
In my experience, this is a result of moving the phone as I press the button. Try holding it against a table or doorframe and take the picture. If it's better then you probably need to practice squeezing the picture button slowly without shaking the phone or prop it against something.
I just tested and that's not the cause, not for me at least. I had the Mogul on my desk and very gently pressed the button. The image looked normal for a second, then changed to have the appearance kidkazi described. I've taken plenty of pictures that were ruined from moving the camera, but this is different. It clearly shows the image looking fine, then it changes while the camera is perfectly still. My first guess was a setting for an effect, lighting, white balance, or anything like that but nothing I have set looks like it should cause this.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Lurker

gaines is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to gaines Send a message via AIM to gaines Send a message via MSN to gaines Send a message via Yahoo to gaines
Could you post some of the pics?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Try not to get too distracted by the insane mess that is my desk...

Anyway, look at the quality of this pic. When looking at the Mogul's screen, it looks pretty decent when you take the picture then degrades to look like what you see now.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Lurker

gaines is a n00b
When you go into the camera mode, what does the icon at the middle of the top of your screen look like? Does it say S, M, L, 1M, or 2M?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

For that particular picture it was L, which takes the picture in VGA. I haven't tried anything lower than that, just VGA, 1MP, and 2MP. I get that effect in each of those sizes. Although it's not always as bad, flash and lighting may have an effect, I haven't played with it enough to see what gets it the most.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan