PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800

spreeway is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Insurance Replaced Titan(6800) with Touch Pro(6850)

Verizon Phone Insurance Replaced Titan(6800) with Touch Pro(6850)

I felt that I wanted to share this with everyone because I feel fortunate.

On Saturday my screen was cracked and half the screen did not work. I called Verizon and talked to the insurance group Asurion about replacing my phone with an insurance claim.
Well to my surprise, they stated that they don't have any 6800 replacement phones in stock. They said that they only have the 6850 for replacements. I didn't know that the touch pro was the 6850! I said "sure!" and my new touch pro arrived today for the small insurance claim deductible fee of 50$.

I can post pics of my old phone and new phone to validate this with the claim.

Its interesting that Verizon is selling the touch pro for $350 w/ new accounts and that this is the price I would have to spend to upgrade to this device. But because I owned its previous model, and broke it, I can upgrade for only the 50$ insurance claim.

EDIT- See that sprint is doing the same thing - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=56992&page=30

Last edited by spreeway; 04-01-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Verizon Insurance Replaced Titan(6800) with Touch Pro(6850)

Interesting...........it would be my luck if I tried I would get a damn 6700 LOL
Old 04-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thankfully or not, advanced exchanges are very possible as long as you have the proper extended warranty/insurance protection. Unfortunately, many people abuse this system by purposely breaking their phone and requesting a new one, there are posts where some people claim they've replaced their phones up to a dozen times, which is pretty ridiculous any way you look at it, craptastic phone or not. I am glad that this option exists as my Mogul was malfunctioning and Sprint wound up replacing it with a TP since they no longer had my phone around.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 / Blackberry Storm 9530
Carrier: Verizon

joshmerd is a n00b

This is great news. My wife's 6800 has only been replaced once about 2 months ago, but is acting up again. Which Verizon number did you call? Did they give you a hard time about it?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmerd View Post
This is great news. My wife's 6800 has only been replaced once about 2 months ago, but is acting up again. Which Verizon number did you call? Did they give you a hard time about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreeway View Post
I called Verizon and talked to the insurance group Asurion about replacing my phone with an insurance claim.
You can Google Asurion and get thier number and even file online w/o talking to them
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV-6800, XV-6700 (Retired)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

KotVertebreaker is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to KotVertebreaker Send a message via MSN to KotVertebreaker Send a message via Yahoo to KotVertebreaker
Red face Re: Verizon Insurance Replaced Titan(6800) with Touch Pro(6850)

I did my claim today due to a few issues I've had with my Titan, but the replacement info when I submitted said XV6800. It's supposed to come tomorrow. Here's to hoping that they realize they don't have any & ship a 6850
Old 04-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

hey Kov, what happened did you get a 6800 or 6850?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Lurker

Send a message via AIM to KotVertebreaker Send a message via MSN to KotVertebreaker Send a message via Yahoo to KotVertebreaker

Unfortunately I got another 6800, but the refurb they sent me, in a word.....sucked!

So I called them to tell them that I had a problem with it. They offered the TP but told me it was on backorder. I accepted, so now it's a wait.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:46 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotVertebreaker View Post
Unfortunately I got another 6800, but the refurb they sent me, in a word.....sucked!

So I called them to tell them that I had a problem with it. They offered the TP but told me it was on backorder. I accepted, so now it's a wait.
All 6800's are junk. I got one refurb with many problems. I sent it back and got a brand new one. Worked fine, then took a dump. Got another brand new one. Same problems. HTC jipped us with the Mogul.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Lurker

Well my first one was pretty all right.....right up until the mini-USB port went on the fritz. My second one's keys were sticky (not to mention that when I used it as a flashlight, I dropped it in the engine bay of my car). When I shot (& missed) on getting a TP as an upgrade, the 6800 Asurion sent me "tyyyyyypppped my messssages likkkke thissss...." It was stiff, rough, & just sucked.

I know the VZW TP is stripped to size, but the mem is still higher than my 6800, & considering I'm paying nowhere NEAR full retail on it, I think I'll be happy.

But remember to everyone reading this thread, if you go for the cheap upgrade to the TP on VZW, they're on backorder.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan