PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 07:26 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Beaming files via bluetooth problem/?

Ok I am not new at this I know what it should do but here is what it dose in stead. Go to File Explorer select the file go to menu tap beam file Mogul goes to the beam file screen shows infrared, and searching but than locks up I mean completely wont do anything else has to be soft reset no other choice. The answer is yes to all the obvious questions, bluetooth on accept all beams, other programs closed, blah blah blah...... Anyone else trying to beaming files having any problems with lockups. Yes I have updated to the new ROM.

Thanks for the help
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
BigD,

My understanding is that beam file in PPC means via inferred not bluetooth, and in WM5 default, bluetooth ftp transfer profile was not there. You can however get a third party software such as AirShare http://www.clickapps.com/moreinfo.ht...ion=PPC&r=dway

Personally I did not try it yet since I do not use bluetooth to transfer file between PPC due to the above restriction, and I use bluetooth over activesync between my unit and the PC, then I can grab file via the PPC home link on the PC...

Jeff
Old 07-22-2007, 08:34 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Could you or anyone try beaming anything in any way and see if it locks up your Mogul. I want to know if it is just my PPC or if this is everyone. I have beamed files from my 700wx to my Mogul via bluetooth so I believe this should work the same way as it has with my 6700 to 700wx transfers. Why would this work to receive but lock my Mogul up when I try to send. Before I try the hard reset rout I want to see if this is common or just a problem for me. Thanks for any help
Old 07-23-2007, 12:18 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

bump I still need someone to try this, HELP
Old 07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Lurker

atsitalian is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
bump I still need someone to try this, HELP
No Problems with me. Sending via IR and Bluetooth
Old 07-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
I've transferred files via IR and BT and haven't had lockups like that. I had problems transferring with BT until I put the Kaiser BT client on, but before that it would fail, not lock up. IR has worked for me since day one.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:42 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Thanks for the help everyone I backed up and hard reset, everything work's fine now. I installed a trial version of Nove remote the other day and got some warning about not being compatible with the IR reader on my Mogul, I think that is what was causing my problem.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Lurker

sntmods is a n00b
Big D5, did you ever get Novi remote to work on your Mogul?

-Dan
Old 07-25-2007, 10:44 PM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

I haven't tried it again, it doesnt show to be compatible with WM6 and the Mogul is not on the compatible devices list.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
Could you or anyone try beaming anything in any way and see if it locks up your Mogul. I want to know if it is just my PPC or if this is everyone. I have beamed files from my 700wx to my Mogul via bluetooth so I believe this should work the same way as it has with my 6700 to 700wx transfers. Why would this work to receive but lock my Mogul up when I try to send. Before I try the hard reset rout I want to see if this is common or just a problem for me. Thanks for any help
I just got my Mogul last Thursday. Considering I was away from home computer and wouldnt be near it until Tuesday (past) I decided I could just IR my contacts from 6700 to 6800; that worked just fine. Later when I attempted to transfer more stuff, it just locked up and the only thing that helped each time was a soft reset. (This was prior to the new rom update...havent tried since then)

I noticed that I couldnt transfer from the 6700 to 6800 via BT. I havent had much time since getting this phone tp search solutions for this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan