PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 12:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

RCTOUCH is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
threaded sms

i know almost everyone loves threaded sms but i dont like the fact that after a day i am unable to tell what time i received a text msg. it only displays the date i received it. I can never dispute with anyone the actual time of a text. another thing is copying/pasting and deleting individual msgs from a pritcular sender. when you highlight the msg sometimes the copy/delete option is grayed out. this can just be annoying at best
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: threaded sms

Do you have a 6.1 rom installed?
Old 03-30-2009, 03:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

RCTOUCH is just getting started

yes i do
Old 03-31-2009, 07:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I understand what you are saying about the date. Ive never had an issue deleting any entire convo or individual msg though. There are other SMS apps out there you can try though and there are plenty of them.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Use NueMessagingControl.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900
Carrier: Sprint

Table83 is becoming a great contributor

Are you sure your running 6.1? My 6800 has the time on the threaded text as long as they were sent today. After today it list the date they were sent.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TWO515TY is just getting started

I'm not sure about the built in WM 6.1 threaded sms, but I know the Palm threaded SMS shows both the date and time of each message, regardless of how old it is. You can find it here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html

Use the first one (For Sprint Treo Pro). I'm using it on my Mogul with the Titan Reloaded 1.34 ROM and it works great, except that it doesn't display the number of unread text messages on the today screen (a bug with that version, the non-800w version worked fine). It will also allow you to send pictures without having to use the Sprint Picturemail program. Received MMSs will still comes as links though.

Before you try the Palm threaded SMS, see if the default WM SMS doesn't let you open each individual message. I know with the Palm one, you can highlight a message, then press enter or tap on it and view the individual message, where it should show the date and time. I haven't used the default one in a while though, so I'm not sure if that works.

Sorry if I typed a long novel lol, but I hope this helps.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table83 View Post
Are you sure your running 6.1? My 6800 has the time on the threaded text as long as they were sent today. After today it list the date they were sent.
He is saying the can tell the time they were sent when it is within that day but after that day and it reports what day it was send but then no longer the time of that day it was sent. Make sense? I looked on mine and it does the same but isnt an issue for me.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yea, the lack of timestamps doesn't really bother me. The fact that the threaded messaging is ugly as hell does though.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ericolson8 is a n00b

My old Sprint Mogul used the "classic" SMS/TEXT delivery method. But when the Sprint insurance program replaced that damaged Mogul with a new Mogul it thankfully had the new 6.1 ROM upgrade, however the SMS messages were "threaded". I prefer the "classic" style for TEXT messages in my INBOX, but apparently there is NO WAY to change it back to the "classic" style. I understand that there is a program called either Diamond Tweak or Diamond Hack which can help me IF they will work with a Sprint Mogul. Thanks for your posting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan