PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The sprint staff nor Tech support could figure this out... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6291)

ppcnewb 07-22-2007 06:52 AM

The sprint staff nor Tech support could figure this out...

So, I bought my Mogul like 3 days ago with the $25 internet package. The internet does not work. I finally made it to sprint yesterday. I was there for 3 hours and they did not fix the problem.

The error message

1st message:
Data Call Failure
Error Code: 67
Error Code 67 Registration failure. Your PSC Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

2nd message:
Cannot Connect
Dialed: #777
Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your connection settings and change then if needed, tap Settings. If the problem continues, reset your mobile device according to your manufacturer's documentation and try again.

So, tech support is supposed to call me back on July 22nd @ 2pm PST. I think I should be compensated for my 3days of no service and also the wait at the store. I also need the $111 line of credit. And the guy that was helping me at the store texted me yesterday. I did not give him my number to call personally. I dont want him to loose his job... But, I just think thats very strange. Anything else I should do? Any suggestions for handling this entire situation?

As you can tell im very new to this :wink:

Nika

Big D5 07-22-2007 08:11 AM

We might be able to fix this, first tell me this have you tried the Internet sharing app? Have you tried a hard reset to solve this problem?

dcd 07-22-2007 10:46 AM

just set your sprint connection to dial #777 with no user/pass and check save password. check ##3282# and make sure that your user name and AAA shared secret are your vision username and password that you use at sprint.com

Rhel 07-22-2007 02:48 PM

easiest way is usually hit it with a ##786# put in the MSL and let it refurb, when it comes back up you reprogram it but it will reprovision with sprint and all should work perfectly fine.
of course this requires you know your MSL, MDN, and MSID

Shaska 07-22-2007 03:05 PM

Something I tried on my 6700 a while back, Put "spcs" as the user name and leave the other fields blank (also check the save password box)

Ive been able to connect this way when a bad rom flash would constantly ask for a user name when attempting to connect...

ppcnewb 07-22-2007 03:54 PM

Thanks all. I will try to figure out how to do the things suggested. @ Big D5 I have not tried the sharing app and the guy sprint said he tried the hard reset and it didnt work.

Nika

Hanniballs 07-22-2007 06:40 PM

Did you upgrade the phone on an existing plan or get a new line when you bought the phone?

If you got a new line you should return it and sign up on the SERO plan.

just an FYI.. i have nothing else to contribute to this thread. :)

fireguy 07-22-2007 10:06 PM

I occasionally get the unable to connect for unknown reason message, usually if I dismiss it and try again I get on. Sometimes it takes a couple attempts. Still haven't figured out the cause though.

guitardoc64 07-23-2007 12:26 AM

Sprint has ALWAYS has $h!ty service in the stores. They know how to sell phones/plans, but in my experience the stores are employed with 99% sales and 1% that actually know something. I have had much better help in this forum and sprintusers.com than ANY Sprint store. Try Sprint's call center tech support, as they may be able to help. THEY get paid to help with these kinds of errors, and actually helped me reprovision PCS on my 6700 recently. It WAS worth the 10 minute wait because I hung up with PCS working 100% . Get them to credit your account while you're at it.

gobmonster 07-23-2007 12:55 AM

I've got wifi at my home so i havent even attempted to connect to evdo till i read this thread, and to my luck, i can't even connect

looks like i've got the same issue as you ppcnewb, if you get a solution, post it please, im gonna call sprint tommorrow