PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 03:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ppcnewb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I spoke to tech support for about an hour today again & my internet still doesnt work. So, tomorrow I am going to do the hard reset.

I upgraded my phone. Do I qualify for the SERO? I think I was out of my contract...
Old 07-23-2007, 04:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcnewb
I spoke to tech support for about an hour today again & my internet still doesnt work. So, tomorrow I am going to do the hard reset.

I upgraded my phone. Do I qualify for the SERO? I think I was out of my contract...
upgrades reset your contract another 2 years, youd be better off returning the phone, calling SERO and upgrading/add-a-plan that way
Old 07-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Lurker

dnthomps is a n00b
Damn, I wish I remembered what they did to fix this for me. There was a corrupt com port or something to that nature. You need to speak with ATS (Advanced Technical Support). I think the guy I spoke with was Ryan. I know he was a team lead and although it took over a half hour for him to figure it out, he fixed it and showed that he knew his products. Just keep calling back if you get techs that can't fix it. There are a couple good ones.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Carrier: sprint

dv8er is a n00b
have u tried going to settings/phone/services /highlight internet/ get settings then start? hope this helps!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:20 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
ppcnewb:

Do this first, as it can take some time to go thru:

1. go to sprint.com and login to your account.
2. click on 'settings & preference'
3. next to 'power vision username' click modify. assign yourself a NEW username.
4. next to 'power vision password' click modify. assign yourself a NEW password.

Wait a few hours...

now let me explain how PCS vision works in a nutshell. Our devices communicate via mobile ip, and are capable of several mobile ip profiles. Sprint uses the first profile (profile 0) as a static, default profile used for obtaining OTA settings, which are then written to the second profile (profile 1). For reference, the NAI for the default profile is MDN@hcm.sprintpcs.com and the AAA secret is some encrypted string set by sprint. When profile 1 exists, it SHOULD be used, and should be your vision username as NAI and vision pass as AAA secret. Sometimes vision fails when the phone is set to use profile 0 still. Sometimes profile 0 is messed up and it cant build profile 1. Generally, if the default profile (0) becomes corrupted or messed up, you need to reflash the phone to correct it. Being a brand new device I am assuming that this is not the issue.

So, we want your device to connect (dial #777) and initiate IOTA using the default MIP profile, in order to build profile 1 with your information. Lets make sure #777 is setup correctly to get us the initial connection:

1. Start, settings, Connections tab, Connections
2. Under Sprint click 'Manage existing connections'
3. Tick the button next to 'Sprint PCS' and click Edit
4. Name of the connection reads 'Sprint PCS'. Click next.
5. Number to dial reads '#777'. Click next.
6. Username, password, domain are all blank. Click finish.
(as another user stated in this thread, you may try 'spcs' as username and the rest blank as well)

Now we know you have a good NAI and pass and a good connection setting, lets try let it rebuild your MIP profile (profile1):

Start, settings, Phone, Services tab, highlight 'internet' click 'get settings', click Start

This will HOPEFULLY fix your PCS vision. If not, we can try to set your MIP user/pass manually:

1. Dial ##778# on your mogul
2. Click on 'Edit'
3. Input MSL
4. Left softkey 'view info' - down to 'M.IP Settings'
5. Verify Mobile IP settings:
number of profiles: 2
active user profile: 1
MIP_MODE: mobile IP only
MIP registration retries: 1
MIP registration retry timeout: 2000ms
mobile node-ha authentication: disable
send a registration request: enable
dormant handoff optimization: disable
6. Left softkey 'view info' - down to M.IP Customer Profile1
NAI should be your NEW vision username
AAA shared secret should be your NEW vision password

At this point I would reboot the device and attempt to use data again.
If you want to message me on AIM this evening (dcd1182) I will try to walk you thru this.

Also I should note, it is possible to lock out your MIP account with SPCS. Do not retry IOTA too frequently. I am not 100% sure how it all works, but if you just had vision added to your plan at the time you bought the phone, it may have not been active yet when you tried IOTA. Really, I am thinking that once you go to sprint.com and set yourself a new (make sure you actually change it) username and password, IOTA will write it to profile 1 and your data will start working.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd
This will HOPEFULLY fix your PCS vision. If not, we can try to set your MIP user/pass manually:

1. Dial ##778# on your mogul
2. Click on 'Edit'
3. Input MSL
4. Left softkey 'view info' - down to 'MIP Settings'
5. Verify Mobile IP settings:
number of profiles: 2
active user profile: 1
MIP_MODE: mobile IP only
MIP registration retries: 1
MIP registration retry timeout: 2000ms
mobile node-ha authentication: disable
send a registration request: enable
dormant handoff optimization: disable
6. Left softkey 'view info' - down to MIP Customer Profile1
NAI should be your NEW vision username
AAA shared secret should be your NEW vision password

At this point I would reboot the device and attempt to use data again.
If you want to message me on AIM this evening (dcd1182) I will try to walk you thru this.

Also I should note, it is possible to lock out your MIP account with SPCS. Do not retry IOTA too frequently. I am not 100% sure how it all works, but if you just had vision added to your plan at the time you bought the phone, it may have not been active yet when you tried IOTA. Really, I am thinking that once you go to sprint dot com and set yourself a new (make sure you actually change it) username and password, IOTA will write it to profile 1 and your data will start working.
Number of active progiles 6
Active user profiles index 0
Mip mode mobile ip only
Mip Reg Retries 1
Mip Reg Timeout 2000ms
MIP pre reg 30
Mobile Node HA Auth Disable
Send a Reg Rewuest enable
Dormant Handoff Opt Disable

my settings are different than the ones you suggested to ppcnewb, should i change them?

and currently, i cant access my vision password on the sprint and my phone isnt even updated (i previously had the sanyo m1, and its still up as my active phone there), should i call to fix this issue first?

thanks in advance

ALSO, my shared secret is a whole bunch of what looks like random characters ".GAIO%" then small cirlce box y with two dots box upside down ?, etc.

ALSO, the above is my default profile, profile one has a blank for NAI and the same secret
Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 AM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster
my settings are different than the ones you suggested to ppcnewb, should i change them?

and currently, i cant access my vision password on the sprint and my phone isnt even updated (i previously had the sanyo m1, and its still up as my active phone there), should i call to fix this issue first?

thanks in advance

ALSO, my shared secret is a whole bunch of what looks like random characters ".GAIO%" then small cirlce box y with two dots box upside down ?, etc.

ALSO, the above is my default profile, profile one has a blank for NAI and the same secret
This is your "default profile" or profile0. You do not want to change settings here- this is the profile used by the system when building your profile, profile1. To me, that looks like a device that has never run IOTA.

I think that all you need to do is go to phone settings, internet, and initiate OTA settings. It will pull your NAI and pass down into profile1.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd
Quote:

thanks in advance

This is your "default profile" or profile0. You do not want to change settings here- this is the profile used by the system when building your profile, profile1. To me, that looks like a device that has never run IOTA.

I think that all you need to do is go to phone settings, internet, and initiate OTA settings. It will pull your NAI and pass down into profile1.
Well, ive tryed to run The ota settings, it needs to connect to the internet inorder for it to run, it trys the #777 thing and gives me the same error, it just redirects me to my root issue
Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
dcd
VIP Member

Quote:
Well, ive tryed to run The ota settings, it needs to connect to the internet inorder for it to run, it trys the #777 thing and gives me the same error, it just redirects me to my root issue
What error do you get? Have you verified your #777 settings like I explained for ppcnewb?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd
What error do you get? Have you verified your #777 settings like I explained for ppcnewb?
i get error code 1012 when running the ota setup, but otherwise, i get sent back to the internet connection manager

and i set up the #777 like said

the error code also states that if the problem persist, i should contact sprint (which im doing right now, im on hold, theyre scratching there head)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan