PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

5.0stang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
22-25 depends on the phone at the time
Old 07-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
19-22 depending on how I have it set up.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 07-23-2007, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
18-21. I think what is more important is the fact that I have not soft reset in a day with PocketBreeze, WeatherPanel, PhoneWeaver, and iLauncher running on the today screen and SPB Insight running in the back ground I have 11 MB...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 07-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gaines is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to gaines Send a message via AIM to gaines Send a message via MSN to gaines Send a message via Yahoo to gaines
I just did a soft reset and mine shows I'm using 29.33MB/47.42MB

I do have the HTC and Spb home screen plugins loaded along with one that tracks/shows my plan usage and the HTC X-Button. I also have SDialer loaded and, of course, ActiveSync. I can't think of anything else that might be loaded.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:08 PM
N00b

darktiger is a n00b
20-21mb with the 6tab Kaiser home pluggin, and pbreeze running...
Old 07-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

abs1978 is a n00b
After a soft-reset, I'm showing 23-25mb free. That's with iLauncher, HTC X-button and Vista Battery Gauge running.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettocowboy248
on a soft reset mine ranges from 19-25mb. i hope something happens with a software update. how sweet would it be for an update to let us adjust ram/storage like on 2003ce. even if it was limited to a max of 128mb ram it would be great
LOL, that won't happen.

The only reason that slider bar existed in 2003 is because all memory was based on RAM in the older devices- there was no REAL storage memory.

An older device, such as the original ipaq 3600 series, had 64mb of SHARED memory- RAM and Storage. That meant that if you installed 45mb of apps and files (they didn't even have storage cards on the original devices), you were left with only 15mb to actually RUN anything.
Palm Pilots were the same way back then. The biggest disadvantage of doing it this way was then when your battery ran out, so did all your storage!

Later 2003 devices added some dedicated internal storage (seperate from the main storage which was still ram), so that you could store things that would survive a battery outage, and often even a hard reset.

WM5 introduced the end of shared memory for WM, and now we have dedicated EPROM chips for storage and RAM that is independant.
So, that's why the slider is not available anymore. You don't have 128mb of RAM available in the mogul... only storage memory (slightly slower but more reliable than RAM in the long run).

Hope that clears things up!

Now, why the available memory on the mogul is so erratic is a mystery to me as well...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Destructor is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe
Now, why the available memory on the mogul is so erratic is a mystery to me as well...
And why there are such huge memory leaks on the phone. I leave the phone off for 18 hours and I'm short at least 5MB that nothing short of a soft-reset will get back (and yes, I've made sure there's no programs open and used programs to 'free' used memory).
Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

5.0stang is a n00b
This is getting kinda annoying if i dont turn it off and back on every day i t goes to 14 mb free with NOTHING open
Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Yeah i was in opera almost all night at work yesturday had to soft reset 2x it would hit a low of 2mb and like a high of 5 or 6 i think it was.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan