PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

jcevans7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation cabs

I searched for CABs and got more results than I can sort through. I need to know how to use the cabs. Where I can go to download them and than how to transfer them into my phone. From there I think I will have it figured out. Please help. My phone is pissing me off to the point of getting a blackberry that I can't even get the cabs to ever work.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: cabs

No one will be able to tell you where to find cab files unless we know what programs/tweaks you are looking for. Please give a little more detail and we'll be glad to point you in the right direction. As for how to transfer them to your phone, you will need to install activesync to your pc, and then transfer them via activesync with the usb cable that came with your phone. Alternatively, you can go to the website you are downloading the cab from on your phone's web browser and download it directly. Once you have downloaded a cab, you will open up the phone's file explorer program, navigate to where you transferred/downloaded the cab, and then tap on it to run the file. The program/tweak will then install. Don't give up on it yet. I know there's a lot to learn with PPC's and it can get frustrating, but just be patient and remember that there are many people on here who are willing to help.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

jcevans7 is a n00b

Alright I'll give it a shot. Looking up the cabs and install them on my card... I'm close to my limit though if i don't get past it soon I might just turn on the blackberry.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900
Carrier: Sprint

Table83 is becoming a great contributor

Saying your looking for a cab file is like saying I'm looking for a exe file. It's the extension on the end. Cab files are made to be installed directly from your ppc device. You can find the greatest variety on http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/

Personally I synce my phone to my computer. Use file explorer to browse my phone. Then just drag and drop the files you want onto your phone.

You can also just put the files onto your SD card.

Once the files are on the phone use file explorer on your phone to tap on them, and the cab will install.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table83 View Post
Saying your looking for a cab file is like saying I'm looking for a exe file. It's the extension on the end. Cab files are made to be installed directly from your ppc device. You can find the greatest variety on http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/

Personally I synce my phone to my computer. Use file explorer to browse my phone. Then just drag and drop the files you want onto your phone.

You can also just put the files onto your SD card.

Once the files are on the phone use file explorer on your phone to tap on them, and the cab will install.

Hope this helps.
Yep I agree with this also as this is how I do it. But as was also said earlier, more info is needed. Why are you looking for cabs, what are you trying to do overall? Are you just curious or actually trying to install an app? If so, what app?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan