PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Windows Live issues and problems. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6265)

grizzley90 07-21-2007 11:37 AM

Windows Live issues and problems.

Hi, I have a brand new windows mobile 6 professional Bell PPC 6800. I am having a couple of problems with windows live. I have searched the forums and nothing has come up other than users with the same problem. None of these problems were showing up before activating my phone, meaning when it was only working on wifi and no phone or data network.

Problem 1:
Windows Live Sync is failing at the Personal Settings part. I read online that you should remove your contact pic from your account but that did not help or make a difference.

Problem 2:
Windows Live Messenger is connecting fine but all my contacts appear offline while I am online. I can chat but it says they are offline.

Problem 3:
It keeps trying to connect to the data network even when there is wifi.

The only persistent problem since I first acquired the phone was problem 3. I do hope that problem 3 isn't the reason for the other problems as I really like windows live. Please Help!

ThiagoJ 07-21-2007 06:02 PM

I have experienced the same problem here. Also live messenger saves ALL my MSN contacts to my phone's phone book! Very annoying. Is there another version of MSN similar to live for pocket pc that DOESN'T save contacts in my phone book? If yes please let me know. Thanks!

Pibe38 07-22-2007 11:17 PM

Windows Live is on the ROM so it cannot be replaced, up/downgraded... unfortunatel we are stuck with the contacts being downloaded to the device - I hate this feature too.

I had the same issue with sync failing on my Sprint Mogul at the beginning. I gave up on the app... however, I tried it after upgrading to the new Sprint ROM and now it syncs. The only thing I did differently, I actually cancelled the initial sync and then sync'ed manually.

I have also experienced seeing all my contacts offline but still being able to chat. This happened the second time I used Windows Live Messenger. I believe this to be an issue on their end.

It has also been reported before that this app uses EVDO over Wi-fi. Don't have a 100% accurate answer... but I read that the app/device/OS will use the strongest available connection, however, I have also read of people proving that claim wrong.

ThiagoJ 08-19-2007 04:06 AM

My windows live doesn't sync anymore at all and I dont know what to do?? I can't add my hotmail account as an email acciunt bc of stupid windows live ... any help/fix to make it work or a way to remove windows live ... reg edit maybe?

bamrock 08-20-2007 07:01 AM

I'm having the same issues as you all are having with Live not syncing anymore. I don't use the Messenger portion because of the contacts being added to your phone (do yourself a favor and look into IM+ it connects to MSN) but the syncing has become an issue. I have the option to sync as items arrive though so even though Live does not sync it still forwards the emails to my phone through the message app.

Paul_Hammons 08-20-2007 10:19 AM

The windows live team at microsoft has released a new veriosn of Windows Live last July 16th. It enables you to have seperate contact entries, so you don't have to merge the contacts if you don't want to, while still storing them in the phone.

It also greatly improves connection/replication speed and reliability. Also has "battery improvements" whatever that means.

It does install over the built in Windows Live client, so it will be usable.

The bad news is that I cannot give it out, as I am an official tester of this software for MS. I am using the latest build of it 10.6.0030.2100

It is being actively improved and can be upgrade even though it is in ROM. I also don't have an estimated release date to make it available to the public, but wanted to assure you it is getting better. Quote from web page.....

16-Jul-2007

New version available:

connectivity improvements
battery life improvements
improved contact handling
(Outlook and Windows Live contacts can be merged in one list or kept separate)
a variety of bug fixes

-Paul

bamrock 08-20-2007 05:25 PM

Tease ;)

bitslizer 08-20-2007 06:49 PM

there's a version that fixes the Contact offline issue

google for WLM build 1400

it is actually an older version than what came with the 6800

#3 i think that's a general issue and not specific to messenger, some other apps also have this problem

cuchanu 08-21-2007 01:02 AM

Same here I gave up on messenger on my 6800 because I can only send messages if somebody sends me one first because everyone is "offline" hopefully this fixes it

bamrock 08-21-2007 06:42 AM

I actually just prefer using IM+ to talk to everyone on all of the IM platforms. I'm surprised everyone is using Live to connect to Messenger. Is the main reason for not using a different program because Messenger is free?