PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New Rom N wifi (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6253)

Chillen 07-20-2007 07:01 PM

New Rom N wifi

Sup guys.. don't know if any of you noted before but here goes. On the old rom I previously was never able to get calls or make calls for that Matter while using wifi. Now all of of sudden while browsing the net using wifi my cell starts to ring.. scaring the crap outta me it had never happened before so I was freaked out. I've read a thread or two regarding this issue on whether it would be supported or not.

Any one else one new rom can confirm they can get calls while using wifi connection?

Big D5 07-20-2007 07:16 PM

I am connected to my wife's 700wx while I am posting this. I connected the call set the 700wx across the room from me, I have my speaker phone on so I can hear the TV, turned on WIFI and started surfing, works great, good catch I tried this before the update and I know it didn't work so this is a great find and is another plus for doing the update.

hippity.hoppity 07-20-2007 08:06 PM

It's always been supported. Nothing new.

Chillen 07-20-2007 08:06 PM

Ahh cool.. glad it isnt me just seeing things.. glad I updated room :lol:

Chillen 07-20-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippity.hoppity
It's always been supported. Nothing new.

No it wasnt supported before there are threads @ SU where they were asking how to be able to still receive calls while using the phones WIFI. On evdo you were able to surf the net while using sprints evdo but not WIFI which is the sole reason for this thread.

jtrag 07-21-2007 07:31 AM

I can verify this as well. The new ROM does support phone calls while using WiFi. Text messaging and everything else appears to work as well. I'm not sure if it was supported with the old ROM or not but I can verify that these features do work with the new ROM.

stroths 07-21-2007 09:13 AM

I have the original ROM and I can surf via Wi-Fi and be on a call at the same time.

isosdcftp 07-21-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths
I have the original ROM and I can surf via Wi-Fi and be on a call at the same time.

Me too.

viperboy 07-21-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

I think they mean already on WIFI and receive a call. i know i can use WIFI if i turn it on during a call, but i never knew that you couldnt receive a call on original ROM if wifi was active before a call.

stroths 07-21-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperboy
Quote:

I think they mean already on WIFI and receive a call. i know i can use WIFI if i turn it on during a call, but i never knew that you couldnt receive a call on original ROM if wifi was active before a call.

It might be a result of something I tweaked along the way, but I can be surfing via wi-fi and a call will come in without a problem on my original ROM.