PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah, I was in a low signal area: my apartment. I have full service everywhere except for my apartment, awesome. So the lower the signal, the hotter the battery?
Old 07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
The lower the signal, the more power the radio has to output to compensate. That's why your battery will drain faster in a low signal area.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul

wiinex is a n00b
100% battery in the morning 10% by 5pm

I charged my Mugol and it was 100% when I started this morning. There is non running on the task except the usual start up programs. I used the EVDO for about 15mins and by 5pm the battery is on 10%. the phone is warm. I keep the backlight on auto off after 30 secs and always presses on the phone off button once to just suspend it. I checked the ##786# to see if the phone is refurb but its not. Kinda disappointed in there. I had this phone since 7.13.07 so its only few days old with me. You guys think there's a reason for the battery to be like that?
Old 07-21-2007, 12:03 AM

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Re: 100% battery in the morning 10% by 5pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiinex
I charged my Mugol and it was 100% when I started this morning. There is non running on the task except the usual start up programs. I used the EVDO for about 15mins and by 5pm the battery is on 10%. the phone is warm. I keep the backlight on auto off after 30 secs and always presses on the phone off button once to just suspend it. I checked the ##786# to see if the phone is refurb but its not. Kinda disappointed in there. I had this phone since 7.13.07 so its only few days old with me. You guys think there's a reason for the battery to be like that?
You may be in an area with low signal strength. Low signal strength drains the batter a lot faster. From your phone screen type ##33284# (##DEBUG#). You will see an entry called "RX Power" which measures your signal strength. It ranges from around -50 to roughly -110. A -50 is a perfect signal like if you were next to a tower. -110 is horrible and would drop calls if you could even make them.

If you are -95 to -110 you are going to have some battery drain issues as the phone's radio has to output more power to compensate for the weaker signal. At home, I generally get around -87 which isn't great but doesn't kill my battery too fast.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
haha i have -103...i think its safe to say i have MAJOR battery drainage issues due to no service haha...

PH

Don't forget to hit the '+'
Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Mine only seems to get WARM (not hot) when charging it, or if I stay on the phone for a long period of time it starts to get warm.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul

wiinex is a n00b
Re: 100% battery in the morning 10% by 5pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiinex
You may be in an area with low signal strength. Low signal strength drains the batter a lot faster. From your phone screen type ##33284# (##DEBUG#). You will see an entry called "RX Power" which measures your signal strength. It ranges from around -50 to roughly -110. A -50 is a perfect signal like if you were next to a tower. -110 is horrible and would drop calls if you could even make them.

If you are -95 to -110 you are going to have some battery drain issues as the phone's radio has to output more power to compensate for the weaker signal. At home, I generally get around -87 which isn't great but doesn't kill my battery too fast.

I called sprint right away because my signal is -105. They called me back they did a test and guess what static then drop call. They called my home phone and a techy guy tried to figure out what happened. I told them that never happened before. Thanks!!! thats a relief now the signal is on -60. I just don't know what happened on Sprint's side of mess but Im good now. lol
Old 07-22-2007, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So, did the test from sprint improve your service from -105 to -60? Mine when I checked is at -103. Is there any way to improve this?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:33 PM

A -103 is pretty bad. If there is just a weak signal in your area, there is not much you can do. If its the phone itself, Sprint may be able to do something.

Another option is to ensure you have the latest PRL update on your phone. It should be 60608.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

How do I get or check to see if I have the latest PRL update on my phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan