PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700 with wm6.1
Carrier: Verizon

vikingksk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No soft reset switch!!!

Hi guys I just bought an xv6800 on ebay for 40 bucks as-is. I got everything working except many of the buttons don't work and there is no soft reset switch (I took it apart and that area has no switch/button). I was wondering if this switch was at all related to the rest of the keys.

I thought this because my girlfriends phone had a similar problem after she dropped it and I found the reasons the buttons were not working was because the camera button was stuck pressed in--after i fixed that the phone worked no problem.

As of now the only buttons that do work are the power button and the center buttons (up, right, left, down, middle). The rest are unresponsive.

Sorry for the long post and I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: No soft reset switch!!!

Sounds like you need new key pads. Which for now you can do w/o until you file an insurance claim or get another off ebay. As for the reset button issue, you can always use ShutXP
Old 03-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vikingksk is a n00b

alright I'll keep my eyes open for some. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:18 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

There are several 3rd party apps you can use for a soft rest. I have two on my ppc, MemMaid and SPB Pocket Plus. They both have the capability of doing soft resets.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I only use the soft reset button if my phone freezes, which would render soft reset programs useless hahah. I guess he'd just have to resort to pulling the battery if that happens.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vikingksk is a n00b

Does anyone know of any good places to get used keypads for the titan?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingksk View Post
I can only assume ebay has very cheap moguls for sale that don't work and are sold for parts. Though the keypad working may be luck of the draw.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah, ebay is about the only place I know of other than Craigslist.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800 > HTC Touch Pro (Alltel!) > HTC Incredible
Carrier: Alltel -> VZW

Ed Zachary is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingksk View Post
You could try http://cnn.cn/shop/
They have full housings for Titans. The two branded for Verizon don't have keypads, but the one for Telus does.

I bought a housing for a Moto V710 from them and "renewed" my old V710 a couple years ago.

You can find Titan teardown instructions here: http://www.mikechannon.net/page1.html
Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vikingksk is a n00b

Thanks everyone for the fast replies!

I still find it strange that the side keys: camera, com manager, ok ect ect...dont work. The scroll wheel and power button do but the others don't...If i replace the keypads in the front, it wont have an effect on the side ones. I just find it weird that they all dont work, which makes me think it has something to do with the reset button still

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan