PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 10:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

xeroendo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy help! I can't charge!

Last night when I got home my phone started beeping that the battery was dying. I was about to go to bed so I plugged it in and went to bed, not bothering to look to see if it was charging. Today I check it and the battery is completely dead. It won't charge at all! I left it plugged in to the charger all night. I thought it might have been a bad charger so I tried another one that I have and still nothing! I tried the USB cable and still nothing! When I plug it in to the charger a green light comes on for about 3 seconds then turns off. I took the battery out for a while and put it back in to see if that would help, it turns on but right away tells me that the battery is dead. Is this some sort of software problem or something? I don't have insurance anymore cuz Asurion said that I made too many claims in a 12 month period. I made 2, which is the limit, apparently. But I just got this phone from them in november or december, wouldn't it still have their warranty? If I need to exchange it they should do it without me having to pay the deductible?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Re: help! I can't charge!

Do you have another battery? It sounds like it won't take a charge anymore. Either that or your USB port is fried.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Try cleaning the connections with an eraser and while the battery is out pushing the power button to discharge any electricity still in the phone. Replace battery and let charge, if failed buy another batt. If no, USB port may be bad. Have you tried using usb cable to laptop to try to charge?

Is the light ever red?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Find a friend with the same phone to try a different battery.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

aesoprock00 is just getting started

something similar happened to me with my last mogul before they replaced it. it wouldn't charge with any regular usb sized plug or usb cable, but it would charge if i had the USB attached to one of the adapters/splitters that came with the mogul in the box. try using one of those splitters to help rule out if it is your usb port that is the problem or if it's the battery.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think its your battery. Take it to a sprint store and they can do a test on it to see and if it is the battery, They will replace it.If its the phone they should replace the phone in the store for free!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

xeroendo is a n00b

I did everything you guys said. still nothing. I thought maybe the usb port was messing up so I kinda moved it a little, plugged it in and it started charging! I think the pins were out of line for some reason.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan