PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Any DIAGNOSTIC tools for this SLOW UNRESPONSIVE mogul?

SOMETIMES my mogul becomes slow, even though I have over 10 megs of RAM free. It seems random, like I will have pocket IE open then I want to open my messages, txt messages, pocket Outlook, and sometimes it opens right up, and other times my system hangs for like 60 seconds or more..

I've been searching for a program or tools to diagnose what is going on with my Mogul and where the bottleneck is occuring because this is just weird. It is my hopes that I can find a diagnostic tool to figure out where all the bottlenecks are on my mogul and try to fix them.

Any ideas? I've searched Google and on these forums and I HAVE tried some maintenance programs, but so far I've not found any type of application that will give me a low-level look at what is, or has been, going on during lockups or times when it is very slow and unresponsive. Sometimes this thing is very FAST.. and other times it just seems to choke for no reason.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Any DIAGNOSTIC tools for this SLOW UNRESPONSIVE mogul?

process manager

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here are some of my apps I use on my mogul to make it more stable and speed it up:
Oxios hibernate and oxios closeapps
memmaid
sktools
Old 03-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

+1 for MemMaid!

I could barely use my Mogul before I installed MemMaid. I would experience many of the same symptoms that you're describing.

MemMaid definitely made the time while I owned my Mogul much more enjoyable.

-Keir-
Old 03-17-2009, 04:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

I loved Oxios when I had my Mogul. A few seconds and BAM!!! - more memory! But I really couldn't have loved the Mogul without dotFred Task Manager. It shows you all of the active processes and also what each process uses as far as system resources go. Super helpful and dearly missed on my TP.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

+1 for SKtools. The shadow services run in the background to free up RAM.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thank you all for your replies. I have tried most of these applications with the exception of Oxios closeapps and memmaid. I will report back with results, but I do not think this will help if these apps only help with freeing up ram, since I have noticed this happen even when I have enough ram free. It's weird because it's random, sometimes it happens, other times it does not.... when it happens, I can't launch the process manager/ task manager.. it just sits there. Very peculiar.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

It may be time to backup your contacts and other needed items and hardreset. If that doesnt work them try a different ROM......seriously.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint- SERO 1250

knexx is a n00b

Too much crap running. As what others have said get a good task manager that will let you really close apps(hitting "OK" only puts it in the background). And sometimes even though you uninstall programs there are little remnants left in your phone which use up space and registry. Backup all your important information(contacts, sms, notes, etc) then do a hard reset... of course not in that order.

It should look something like this:

1.Backup
2.Hard reset
3. Install only what you really use and of course the task manager.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan