PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 10:02 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Connection unstable...but signal is great. :(

Just yesterday, my Mogul started acting up. I won't update e-mails from Yahoo! and Gmail on the scheduled intervals, and when I have PIE open and loading a page, the connection will change to the icon for "connection idle", even though there are service bars. Then it will go back on for a second and download part of the page, then go out again. I'm in a great EVDO coverage area and have never had this problem before. Here are the changes I've made to the phone in the past 24 hours:

Uninstalled Wizard Dialer
Installed Phone Weaver
Configured Treo Alerts

That's it. I don't know what would be causing this...
Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I have been tracking this problem for severely days it seams to be a drooped connection problem. This is what I am seeing, when I am connected and downloading everything is fine than I loose the connection for what ever reason and my Mogul wont reconnect. The data arrows will show gray no matter what I do the only thing that fixes the problem is a soft reset. Dose that sound like what is happening to you?
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Yep, that sounds right. Also, the pages are taking a lot longer to load than normal. It takes almost 15 seconds to load ebay.com, whereas it usually takes 5-10 seconds.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:48 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize
Yep, that sounds right. Also, the pages are taking a lot longer to load than normal. It takes almost 15 seconds to load ebay.com, whereas it usually takes 5-10 seconds.
Are you showing EV next to the signal or X1, I hadn't noticed this problem when I was in EVDO coverage but I am on a business trip and there is only X1 available here.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:24 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

I'm always in EVDO, no matter where I go. South Florida.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan