PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

rasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Maps "My Location"

Any word on how to get this to work on the HTC Mogul?

Mine doesn't work and some links I've found suggest that Sprint locks out the aGPS coordinate info from their phones.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Re: Google Maps "My Location"

It works. Have you done any research on setting up your GPS function? You can either let Windoz handle it or have it run with something like port 4, 3800 baud - something like that.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Threadstarter

rasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well...the satelite GPS works fine. But in the about, it says Myl: N/A.

What does that mean?

Isn't "My Location" supposed to work indoors and without satelites because it uses cell towers?

Last edited by rasmasyean; 03-15-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No. Sounds like you need to do more work searching on gps. Look in the stickies.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmasyean View Post
Any word on how to get this to work on the HTC Mogul?

Mine doesn't work and some links I've found suggest that Sprint locks out the aGPS coordinate info from their phones.
Quote from the article at the website link.
At this time, My Location (beta) is available for these devices:

* BlackBerry devices
* Some recent Motorola devices
* Some recent Sony Ericsson devices
* Many Windows Mobile devices
* Nokia Series 60 3rd Edition devices

If you have a Java-enabled (J2ME) device, BlackBerry or Windows Mobile device, you can easily check whether or not My Location (beta) is available. Just to go "Help" > "About" from the application. If the box contains "myl: N/A," it means your device isn't reporting a cell.
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...hows-your.html
Old 03-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My Location doesn't work without GPS enabled in our phones because we don't use Cell-ID technlogy. GPS still works perfectly and as long as you turn it on before you use My Location, it'll work fine. Sprint is one of the few companies that don't lock out GPS functionality, CDMA technlogy just doesn't allow for CellID location positioning.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Why dont you try Google Latitude instead.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Why dont you try Google Latitude instead.
I believe Google Maps contains Google Latitude. Latitude is only a location updating service anyway. Either that or Google Maps was renamed to Google Latitude. Still doesn't solve the Cell-ID problem though. My TP can't update its location if the phone is on standby or if Google Maps is in the background.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 03-16-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
I believe Google Maps contains Google Latitude. Latitude is only a location updating service anyway. Either that or Google Maps was renamed to Google Latitude. Still doesn't solve the Cell-ID problem though. My TP can't update its location if the phone is on standby or if Google Maps is in the background.
IDK either for sure because I know it is Google Latitude but on my device the icon is Google Maps. But when you say you cant update your location when your phone is on standby what do you mean. What I mean is are you trying aGPS or GPS because aGPS would require the phone to be 'on' and in communication with the towers but GPS you can do with the phone in standby.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Also standalone gps only works in standby if a non standby program is pinging the gps chip. Most programs don't function in standby.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan