PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Lurker

Momotombo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I buy this Titan/Mogul?

I've been looking around different forums for instructions on how to unlock this phone, flash it, and whatever else I need to do to get it to work. I'm on Cricket, and I was sold a terrible phone for more money than its worth. I plan on buying a Mogul with a bad ESN on another service for cheap, and then I'll sell my current phone to get the money back.

I saw a bunch of bad ESN phones for sale on eBay a while ago, but they aren't there anymore. I did find another one that apparently has a bad ESN for Sprint, and here's what the seller had to say about it:

Quote:
the carrier is sprint they will not connect the phone unless bill is
paid I don't use cricket I have no clue about them I put it in the
text on this items page that the pc pocket is locked meaning the
esn can't be used so if you want it go for
I'm not sure about this guy, he seems pretty shady, he hasn't sold many items, but he has 90% good feedback on what he has sold. I want to know if there's another place I can get a bad ESN phone from so I can just flash it to Cricket, because although his phone is cheap($120 total), I get the feeling that something might go wrong with it. He told me it's mostly in mint condition, there's a little dent near the charge input, and that any scratches are unnoticable, but I'm still not sure. The pictures of it are small and unclear.

Anyway, he says the phone is "locked", but I'm not sure what that means in this context. Even if it owes money to Sprint, can I still use it perfectly fine in Cricket? Should I go ahead and buy the phone? If I do, what should I do when I get it? I have a program called Titan Unlocker sitting on my desktop, is that all I need before I flash it?

Thanks a lot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Should I buy this Titan/Mogul?

go with your gut, sounds shaddy to you? id go with that.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Momotombo is a n00b

It sounds a little shady, but it seems good to me. Can I still use that with Cricket, then? Because if I can, I'm going for it.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)
Carrier: Sprint

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work

yea....cricket does some shady crap and they dont care about locked esns' so as long as its not locked by like a screen lock.....but even if its that if you flash it it unlocks it so you should be good
Old 03-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Momotombo is a n00b

Cool. I'm gonna buy it now.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apex LG
Carrier: US Celluar

jstarner is a n00b

Hey,

On Ebay, look up Bid Allies they have lots of 6800 moguls , Alltel,Sprint, they have about 4 diffrent brands all the same phones some new and alot of Refrub phones there i have bought 5 phones from them allready and if there is a prob with them they will send you another to replace the one that went bad!..
On the Subject of having a bad esn or not being unlocked with cricket it doesnt matter just like metro pcs, when flashes those phones it doesnt matter if the phone has a current char, the only thing when flashing the 6800 when adding the internet is make sure you delete the current network settings and start new, just renaming the old with cause you probs..
Sorry jumped ahead you can find the 6800 from 104.00 to 300 depending on the phones condition. i got my for 129.00 and got the docking stations, the stock clip/case and the alum case, the home and car chrg, transfer cable, 3 stylus pens, and 2 lens protectors.
Just be very careful with the len protectors i have found if not put on properly and taken off it can remove the digitizer off and the touch screen will no longer work, so im not recommending the screen protectors i found out the hard way...
if you have any question you can contact me back
thanks
Old 03-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Momotombo is a n00b

Thanks for the info, but I already bought the phone for $120 and I'm hoping that I'll get it sometime next week. Your post reassured me about it, though, and now all I need to do is figure out how to unlock it, flash it, and get it working with my current service. If someone reading this could point me in the right direction for all of that, I'd appreciate it.

I have TitanUnlocker.exe, which seems to be just for that, so hopefully I don't need to do anything extra. The thing is, I don't really know how to flash the phone to Cricket and then change it to my number so I can start making calls, sending texts, etc. So, I'd like someone to point me to some threads for that. I just need some instructions and the right tools. I want to be ready for when I get this phone.

Thanks a lot.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apex LG
Carrier: US Celluar

jstarner is a n00b

If you google Cricket Flashing, i found a site that gives you almost perfection for flashing your own cricket phone with all of the files needed to flash your phone. and even setting you your network/internet too.. if i find it i will email to you directly.. but its easy to find, i did my metro pcs myself too.. It is a little time consuming. but i would rather spend 1hr flashing my own phone then giving away 65 dollars to metro to flash it for me!
i will send you the link as soon as i can! it will be great help too you!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Momotombo is a n00b

Thanks a lot. It's not worth paying for someone else to flash your phone. I'll try looking for the site, but it'd be cool if you could email or PM it to me.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: herman <- titan <- apache
Carrier: cricket

krielys is just getting started
Red face Re: Should I buy this Titan/Mogul?

if its sprint then its locked - without the password, you cant change the data in the EPST to allow your phone to connect to cricket. to get the password of a sprint phone, youll need to find and download a tool called getSPC.

once you get the password, look at this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3462591

that post tells you about EPST settings. after you change the EPST settings, youll need to load a PRL. find one off the internet and download it to your phone. then go into your EPST again and load it from there.

after that, you should be allowed to connect to cricket.. but the rom on your phone might have things locked: when i got my sprint mogul, gps and wifi were not usable. after cooking my own rom with ppckitchen, everything worked beautifully.

good luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan