PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
QWERTY Keypad Got Wet, Any Fixes?

All the alphabetical keys work, just the left arrow sticks and messes everything up and always adds m letters.. Would or could a hard reset fix this? It didn't get soaked just a lil damp, I took a hairdrier to the keypad but that key is just giving me problems or at least it's the only one I've noticed acting up... From the looks of it the key isn't physically stuck or anything, so this is why I am wondering if a hard reset would do any good at all..

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 03-12-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: QWERTY Keypad Got Wet, Any Fixes?

Well many people have reported having keyboard issues of thier own (w/o water) so I guess it is possible you just happened to get it a "lil damp" and even though you dried it out you have other issues. They may be directly related or not at all. I myself had some issues with my letter O where sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not. Eventually the issue went away. Others have not been so fortunate. I dont think a hard reset would work as this is not software related but rather hardware related but it cannot hurt to try. You can always back everything up first and do a hard reset and if it doesnt work then you could restore everything back to where you were. Last but not least you could take it all apart and check everything. Last option is one I am sure has already crossed you mind. You might have to replace it.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: herman <- titan <- apache
Carrier: cricket

krielys is just getting started
Question Re: QWERTY Keypad Got Wet, Any Fixes?

http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php this program reassigns keys. i guess you could try disabling each of the arrow keys, one by one, and any of their surrounding keys. that way you can figure out which button is causing the problem and reassign it to something else..
Old 03-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Well cool I think it finally dried up last night and completely went away...

Guess next time I'll use the touch screen keyboard while in the bath tub.. LMAO!!! If anything at all...
Old 03-14-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

AboveTheBULL is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Well cool I think it finally dried up last night and completely went away...

Guess next time I'll use the touch screen keyboard while in the bath tub.. LMAO!!! If anything at all...
Glad to hear! I saw this and felt really bad for you!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yea out of all the times I'd reply to a text message in the bath tub with pretty dry hands or the times that I'd text or reply while in the rain it suddenly decided to really act up was that one time... I guess I just wont text in the rain or in the tub to be on the safe side... haha
Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Let me see, dampness mixed with electronics, ummmm not so good.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

supposedly stuffing wet/damp electronics in a tupperware box full of uncooked rice gets it really dry since the rice sucks up humidity pretty well. just in case you get your phone wet again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan