PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin
Roming issue. DONE.|

Hi all. I just found out how to solve my roaming issue i've been having a while. You'll need access to your EPST. ##778# is the number.

Type in your code, and lets get started.

first, go to http://www.roamingzone.com/prl/

Find out what PRL you need and go here to get it: http://corolada.com/prl/

THEN, go here:http://www.roamingzone.com/sid/sid1.shtml

find the 2 nearest cities to you, and write down the code for them.

then go to Home SID/ Home NID on your phone. On #1 edit it to the number of the closest city to you, leave the other number as 65535 or whatever was there.
Same for #2, put the 2nd closest city in there (i used closest county) and leave the 65535 in the other space.

Next: Go here: http://www.roamingzone.com/mnc/

Find your MNC code. Then go to NAM settings. Type in your MCC and then your MNC.

Click to menu, and click OK. Let it soft-reset.

BAM! Done.

OR....

You can download WISBAR ADVANCE 3 from LAKERIDGE SOFTWARE. It will take it away if you don't care that you are roaming and just want it to disappear.

Don't forget to thank! Oh, and i wouldn't mind a nice cup of coffee. college student needs his coffee! https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted
^^Donate here please. I'm paypal verified, i just don't know how to make the link to just say donate. lol. sry.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.

Last edited by thvoicwethin; 03-17-2009 at 05:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: VZ/Alltel

Fastervette is a n00b
Re: Sick of the Roaming Triangle? Click here!

This is my situation.
I am an Alltel customer. However I am at the fringe area (VERY), BUT within 3/4 mile of VZ tower which also has RevA. This in itself is aggravating because ppc 6800 is always trying to lock onto home system, which causes LOW battery life.

Is what you are saying put the NEWEST VZ EVDO prl on the phone AND the SID for VZ in the number # Home SID/NID #2 setting AND MNC code?

Will this cause my phone to lock on the 3/4 mile away VZ tower? Instead of trying to always connect to the Alltel service? This would be GREAT!!!

Thanks for Any Info you can Provide!!
Vette
Old 03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin
Re: Sick of the Roaming Triangle? Click here!

PRL = Preferred Roaming List. This will get you full coverage to the Verzion tower, but this doesn't fix the triangle from blinking. It will only make it more constant. I have not worked with changing the MNC code or the Home SID/NID. You can try this, but i don't know exactly how it will work. Maybe you can try and provide feedback?

This will also help any others qho are questioning the same as you are.

P.S. If you don't care about having to ROAM and use the verizon tower, download Wisbar from Lakeridge Software. It will take the triangle away and give you an option to customize your top taskbar.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Lurker

Fastervette is a n00b
Re: Roming issue. DONE.|

I'll give it a try in several different configs this weekend.

Thanks
Vette
Old 03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

pyrater is a n00b

tried this all it did was brink my internet, was worth a shot. Went from default
home 5667 / 65535
mmc 311

to

home 219 / 65535
mmc 311

maybe i missed something
Old 03-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrater View Post
tried this all it did was brink my internet, was worth a shot. Went from default
home 5667 / 65535
mmc 311

to

home 219 / 65535
mmc 311

maybe i missed something
make sure your choosing the closet city or county location to you when you select your HOME and MNC network code. It worked for me. maybe not for some though. I had only switched mine because my previous PRL kept me raoming constantly and i has my HOME and MNC still using the previous owners networks, so i was always roaming. Sorry about brinking your interwebs. Here's a coupon for one free intarwebs:
Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Lurker

pyrater is a n00b

LMAO its fixed now just went back to orginal numbers still have the triangle though gonna try more this weekend
Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Lurker

pyrater is a n00b

Just some more info, i moved from florida (where i got the phone) to alabama which is why i probly have the triangle. so this will probly work but dunno just yet.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thumbs up Re: Roming issue. DONE.|

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrater View Post
Just some more info, i moved from florida (where i got the phone) to alabama which is why i probly have the triangle. so this will probly work but dunno just yet.
I was kind of on the same page. i bought my phone from a friend in MN and it had quest. When i called alltel to change my msid and nams and whatnot, the never told me to change my home nid/sid settings. So i did some research, found out it was still stuck in MN (plus i uploaded the wrong PRL), so i changed my mnc and home nid/sid through those websites and it worked. I only have roaming when im not near a alltel tower. So with the right updated PRL list, i can get sprints, alltels, and versions towers, and not pay for roaming charges.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Lurker

Fastervette is a n00b
Question Re: Roming issue. DONE.|

Changed to latest PRL, (Alltel) 40044 along with SID/65535. 1st time I left the local SID/65535 (Alltel) #1 Slot and VZ SID/65535 #2 slot couldn't tell any difference.
However I tried VZ SID/65535 in #1 Slot. Appears to work intermittently EVDO to 1X. I did have EVDO with original 30038 (Alltel) PRL.

What I am wondering is in EPST <Nam Settings> what is the proper settings For these areas?
I have 3 of these 6800's and notice although 2 of them are from other systems (Not activated as of yet) AND were activated prior they have same settings in the areas. I can not see that these are supposed to be the same coming from another system states away.
Hopefully someone will chime in and let us know what is supposed to be in these settings.

Another question I would like answered. where can you FORCE MODE the 6800, like with many phones.
Force Mode I am speaking of is <Hybrid/Automatic> <Cell> <PCS Only> <CDMA Only>

Thanks
Vette

Last edited by Fastervette; 03-31-2009 at 05:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan