PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Lurker

slybitz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS ten messages at a time

I currently have a mogul with WM5. I downloaded and installed the WM6 Threaded SMS from:http://tinyurl.com/cfomva

The problem I am having is that once I installed
this app it is now going back and reloading my text messages 10 at a time. Once ten messages are downloaded I have to go out of the messages screen and then go back in for ten more to download. I have hundreds upon hundreds of text messages and at this rate it won't be done downloading for a very long time. Is there a way to increase this 10 message limit? Is there something in the registry? I don't see any application settings. I'm just going to delete all of my messages once they download anyhow so maybe there is a way to just delete all the messages that are trying to import.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: SMS ten messages at a time

Did I read your post correctly? You have WM5 on a Mogul and you've d/l'd a WM6 app? If so, that could be the issue.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slybitz is a n00b

The point of the app is to mimic the WM6 SMS threading. It is intended for WM5.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

There are many threaded apps out there. Why not simply try another instead of hoping someone can know the app and rewrite the code to allow more than 10.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slybitz is a n00b

wow, apparently not much help here. i'm not looking for anyone to rewrite anything. never said anything about that. i was hoping it was a general phone setting that can be changed that someone knew about. apparently not.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Why not update to 6.1 to fix the problem. WM 5 is outdated. The major carriers have updates that are easy to install.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybitz View Post
I appreciate any help. Thanks.
Apparently, you don't, from the tone of your last post. Maybe you really meant "I appreciate any useful help." If the advice offered to you isn't what you wanted, a polite "thanks, but what I was really looking for was......." That'll go a lot farther around here.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slybitz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Why not update to 6.1 to fix the problem. WM 5 is outdated. The major carriers have updates that are easy to install.
I don't really want to update to 6.1 because I really don't want to reinstall and reconfigure everything on my phone that has taken me a half year to install/configure. I was under the assumption that by installing 6.1 it wipes your phone clean. I may be wrong though, and in that case I would definitely upgrade.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

Any ROM flash will wipe your phone. Simply get a backup app (I prefer SPB) and you'll have all of your apps, contacts, settings (minus those from your previous ROM), etc back in a jiffy. I recommend SPB as it has a ROM Upgrade Mode. Look @ www.spbsoftwarehouse.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slybitz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Apparently, you don't, from the tone of your last post. Maybe you really meant "I appreciate any useful help." If the advice offered to you isn't what you wanted, a polite "thanks, but what I was really looking for was......." That'll go a lot farther around here.
I appreciate help, I was more so responding to the "instead of hoping" line weedahoe posted. I took that as a pretty unhelpful, sarcastic, and pompous comment. I could have read his tone wrong but I doubt it. Geekcop, your point is well taken and I agree... sorry, I just didn't like the tone of weedahoe's post towards me - or how I perceived his tone. I've been lurking on this site for a long time and I've found lots of help. I just never expected a tone such as weedahoes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan