PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

goodfella is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After being offered the MIR, I decided to try to email sprint and see if I would have any luck with that...H

They wrote;

"Thanks for your reply.

I completely understand your frustration I would be upset if I learned I could have paid much less for something but was not aware of it.

I have gone ahead and adjusted your account in the amount of $111.00 for the difference for the cost of the phone. This will take effect immediately and you will see documentation of this on your next invoice. your new account balance is a credit of -$571.99."

The MIR is still in effect since I have a $25 data plan. So I'll knock the data plan down to the $15 one after the first month to avoid voiding and I'm still getting $90 back. Soooo, total cost of Mogul = $198 after MIR.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

maximum360 is a n00b
I tried calling and spoke with the most anal rep. No luck there. I then sent an email last night. I got a response back but nothing conclusive yet.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

SpenceMan01 is a n00b
I ordered mine through the SERO website on 7/6. On Tuesday night I called up retentions and explained that I was still within the 30 day return period and that I could cancel, return and start fresh to get the $100, and asked if we could save us all some time and money and get it somehow. She issued a service credit on the spot. It came through as 110 and change, though, but I'm not complaining. You just have to make it sound like you're doing them a favor.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

maximum360 is a n00b
No luck via phone or email and the rep on the phone was especially anal. I guess this is the punishment for buying early.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

maximum360 is a n00b
Update....

I decided to try my luck one more time. After being on hold for 20 minutes, I got through to someone and got cut off mid-conversation. After another 20 minutes on hold I spoke with someone else. The problem with calling spring after normal business hours is that all the calls get routed to India and the reps repeat what I say ten times after asking me the same questions over and over again. It's enough to drive a sane person over the edge.

Anyway, after getting the run-around for 20 minutes the rep told me to speak with someone in the rebates department and she would note on my account that I should be credited for the rebate. However, the rebate department was closed, so she gave me the phone number to call them in the morning. Since I also wanted to try the Kellog's $75 rebate I asked her to email or mail me a copy of the invoice for the phone. (I purchased the phone online and usually print these out at work but I wasn't sure if I did, so it didn't hurt to ask.) I guess at this point, since the call was going on close to half an hour after I had been put on hold several times she just relented and offered to give me $100 credit for the rebate. Total price now down to $299 for the Mogul.

Persistence (plus a bit of luck) pays off.

Now Kellog's.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan