PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Verizon finally gave me a Touch Pro!

Hey guys.

*scroll to the bottom if you don't want the full story*

Just an FYI to all you verizon Titan hopefuls, I finally got them to give me a Touch Pro. After my 4th or 5th replacement Titan, I made my call yet again. The lady was definitely not knowledgeable in the Pocket PC world. She thought she could fix it by performing a hard reset and reactivation with verizon. DUH! . She wanted me to go to the verizon store AGAIN and told me there were no previous notes about any replacements or the white spot (burn mark). I was furious. So I go to the verizon store and talk to stephanie (yes we are on a first name basis now, haha), she said the other lady was an idiot because everything was there. So I called yet again. The new lady I talked to thought it might be bumped into, or the phone was kept too close to magnets. I told her those might seem like good causes but it is a reoccurring issue. Then I proceeded to tell her that I know I'm not the only one with this issue. I linked her to ppcgeeks.com and told her to search whitespots. Sure enough there are the 100+ post threads about the same issue. She then immediately started working on getting me a Touch Pro! Within 10 minutes after that, I had my order number and my tracking number emailed to me.

Long story short; Verizon finally gave me the Touch Pro after complaining enough about the white spots on the Titan. Keep trying and don't give up! It can happen!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Re: Verizon finally gave me a Touch Pro!

So, do you consider the Touch Pro an upgrade?

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 03-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, it comes Wednesday but I doubt that I will find it to be a downgrade.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Hope you enjoy yours. For me, because I know what the Sprint and AT&T version is like, the Verizon verison is almost a peice of garbage. According to most people, it has only about a maium of 60-70 mb free of RAM. Which is a shame. I guess if they were to give me one free and clear, AND the guys here got standalone GPS unlocked I might take it. But, no way will I spend any money on it...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Right, I dont think I would shell out 350 for it. It is definently better than the titan IMO. The white dot is super annoying, and the TP has more memory than it. Also, GPS has never been to big of a deal for me.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(XV6850)

apoirier594 is becoming a great contributor

hey i have a XV6800 from Verizon, and really want a touch pro. On my XV6800 ihave scratches on the screen from the stylus, ill break my phone do anything for a pro. Wht exactly do you think id have to do to get one.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Richard Ward is a n00b

That's what I'm talking about Insurance fraud is the new sexy.

I have a 6900 through Alltel, but I don't think I'm ready to pony up more dough and spin the wheel on getting a massive upgrade. I'm using NFSFAN's WM 6.1 ROM, M2D, few of my own hacks now. Paired with TomTom 7 it's a mean machine.

Touching is good -- unless you're MJ.

Oh, them? That's just my network, I guess... (Converted Alltel Customer)
Old 03-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoirier594 View Post
hey i have a XV6800 from Verizon, and really want a touch pro. On my XV6800 ihave scratches on the screen from the stylus, ill break my phone do anything for a pro. Wht exactly do you think id have to do to get one.
I know what you are going through. I'll gladly give you a full write up of how I got the Touch Pro, right now I've got some work to finish up, so look here again tomorrow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan