PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

fcastro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question DCD 4.1.2 Battery Life Issues

Hi all, I installed DCD roms recently and its been going great. Phone is super responsive and not slow like sprints rom.

One issue that I am having is the battery life. Last night I went to the gym as usual and ran XM radio for an hour or so. When I got done my battery was down to 10 percent from 70 something never had that issue with the older ROM. I have the same applications and using habits as before so something must be causing the mass drain.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Here is a list of apps I have installed.
-Sktools
-TomTom
-MusicID
-XM
-SPB Mobile Shell (Weather is set to auto as it was in the past)
-Diamond Keyboard
-HTC Quick GPS (this is something new that I installed to get quicker lock when running TomTom. Patched exe and registry edit)
-Rescoe Explorer
-HTC Calculator
-HTC Task Manager

1 email address checking every 30 min and 2 emails checking every 4 hours (same as before). Previously I had it set to check every 5 minutes with the sprint rom and never had this massive battery drop.

In the phone settings there is an option for hybrid, EVO, and 1X. I oringally left the DCD default install of "Hybrid". I have now switched it over to 1X to see if this helps after some reading.

I have also noticed that the data connection icon turns on and off a lot. I don't know what else aside from email, and the weather program would auto turn on the connection. I don't think the QuickGPS would be turning itself on and off non stop because in the settings I have it set to not auto download when the data expires.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: DCD 4.1.2 Battery Life Issues

Streaming music is a real battery killer, and the backlight was probably on the whole time, maybe dimmed.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well thats the whole thing. Before flashing over to the new DCD rom I did the same thing every time I went to the gym and the battery never drained the way it did yesterday.

The backlight was on and dimmed which was the same with the stock sprint rom. Actually the day before I was using the sprint rom and did literally the same workout (time wise)
Old 03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: MetroPCS

Sequeira74 is just getting started

So this 4.1.2 it's what i need to drain my 3500 mah Seidio.........LOL.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcastro View Post
Well thats the whole thing. Before flashing over to the new DCD rom I did the same thing every time I went to the gym and the battery never drained the way it did yesterday.

The backlight was on and dimmed which was the same with the stock sprint rom. Actually the day before I was using the sprint rom and did literally the same workout (time wise)
And I was so going to try 4.1.2 this weekend. Having second thoughts now.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm talking with my friend also running a mogul with the dcd 4.1.2 rom. He noticed the 3 options hybrid, 1x, or EVO. He mentioned that he remembers that with the old sprint ROM EVO wasn't always on. So Sprint must have also had some sort of Hybrid option hidden in the registry. Still we can't figure out why this ROM is pulling so much more juice.

I just installed demo version of SPB wireless monitor to see if I can pinpoint it to an application.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Forgot to mention above that I was streaming music via my bluetooth headset. Same scenario I use to do with the sprint rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan