PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sd_wireless is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
qwest mogul on verizon?

I've done my research (or at least I think I have) and have gotten as far as I can in getting this device onto the Verizon network.

With props to scottemick, this is what I have done:
1. Get the MSL code from GetSPC inputing your ESN and it outputs the MSL.

2. Put your phone in DIAG mode (##3424# ##3424 Send, or #*#3424). If it is a sprint phone, the first one will work.

3. Run QPST (you will need the MSL you obtained from getSPC

4. You may want to save the phone's configuration if you ever want to roll back to the SPCS config. Anway, Change the MSL to 000000 and write it back to the phone.

5. then run the Hard-SPL-MFG.exe program, paying attention to when it tells you to disconnect and reconnect your phone.

6. Then install your ROM. Now when the PDA boots it displays the Verizon logo.

But this is where I am stuck. How do I do the following step? What settings do I need to define, and what do they need to be set to?

7. Now, you will need to configure service by going into DIAG mode again (probably need to use #*#3424 now) and using QPST change the service information to that for Verizon or whatever carrier you want. I had it easy, I plugged in my Samsung Hue R500 and copied the service information off of that one.

I tried skipping the step above and called Verizon, as outlined in the step below.

8. If you get all the service information right, you should be able to call verizon, give them the ESN. If they give you slack, wait a bit and call back. Persistance is the key. Then you can do *228 for OTA programming.

When I gave tech support the ESN they said it wasn't a valid ESN that they could not activate the phone.

Please help... Can this phone be activated on the Verizon network? If so, what remaining steps to I need to take?

Last edited by sd_wireless; 03-05-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Formatting got lost
Old 03-05-2009, 10:58 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: qwest mogul on verizon?

Nah. Get the MSL, dial ##775 and upload a Verizon PRL, then load it, dial *228 option 3 and it will ask for your 10 digit number and account password. This system is automated and will allow for any clean or non-native ESN. You can then change MMS and Web settings if you want.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Nah. Get the MSL, dial ##775 and upload a Verizon PRL, then load it, dial *228 option 3 and it will ask for your 10 digit number and account password. This system is automated and will allow for any clean or non-native ESN. You can then change MMS and Web settings if you want.
Thanks for the help, and please pardon my ignorance, but I could use a bit more help.

I know the original MSL, but I set it to 000000 during the process of unlocking it and installing the Verizon ROM. I used 000000 to unlock the phone after dialing ##775, and it gave me the option of entering a PRL.

I used 51251 after finding it here: http://www.roamingzone.com/prl/ After I entered it I got the following error: "ESPT - Write Item "Update PRL" error." I am then prompted to "Press OK to reset the device".

Any tips on what I am doing wrong and how to resolve this?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

Yeah, so I realize just how stupid my previous post was. I found a PRL file here: http://corolada.com/prl/. I loaded it, and I'm good to go. I just had my wife call the phone and it works!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:19 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Glad you got it. I usally recomend people to Corolada PRL Page but I was in a hurry. Corolada has almost every PRL out there...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan