PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bluetooth file transfer (OBEX) not working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5995)

letsgoflyers81 07-14-2007 09:22 AM

Bluetooth file transfer (OBEX) not working

Does anyone know how to get Bluetooth file transfer working? I have been unable to transfer files from or to my Mogul via Bluetooth. If I try with my computer, it doesn't find any Bluetooth services on the Mogul. When I've tried transferring files with my wife's Mogul in either direction, it fails because it couldn't make the OBEX connection.

I checked through the registry and found HKLM - Software - Microsoft - OBEX and changed the IsEnabled value from 0 to 1 and did a reset and it made no difference. I don't know what else it could be.

blazin-asian 07-14-2007 02:58 PM

yea, seriously. i couldnt transfer files with my friends 6700 or my 8125. sup with that?

shades228 07-15-2007 05:39 AM

Mine has worked fine doing BT transfers from other phones and to computers.

I just reset my options and did it again without an issue to try and replicate the problem.

Bluetooth is turned on.

Device is visible to others

Under Security I have passcode required checked.

Then I search for a new device and it finds whatever I'm looking for.

blazin-asian 07-15-2007 02:28 PM

it finds the device, but will FILE TRANSFER show up as a service? are you able to actually transfer files? i can see the other devices but fails everytime i try to transfer or it tries to do it via IR which is horribly slow.

nsinsinsi 07-15-2007 03:40 PM

I have the same issue - none of my BT enabled PCs will be able to transfer files to my 6800, and vice versa.

letsgoflyers81 07-15-2007 09:02 PM

When going Mogul to Mogul they find the other device and the transfer fails. When trying to transfer with my laptop (Dell Inspiron with OEM Bluetooth module and drivers) it sees the Mogul but can't detect any profiles for it.

Excalibrate 07-26-2008 04:44 PM

Re: Bluetooth file transfer (OBEX) not working

As I understand it, that option is disabled on ATT and Sprint phones for security reasons. They dont want you sharing files. You can share contacts with another phone. ](*,)

Geekcop 07-26-2008 05:09 PM

I'm able to transfer to and from my device with BT enabled machines. However, I'm using a 700WX (VZW), not a Mogul/6800

Gulanowski 07-26-2008 06:15 PM

Yeah, I've been wanting to do OBEX push for a while with this new laptop of mine. I did it all the time on my E815 with my computer and pocket pc, there's got to be a registry edit or hack out there to enable OBEX on the XV6800.

arparent 07-27-2008 01:47 PM

Settings>Connections>Beams>Receive all incoming beams checked.