PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker

fabulousbebe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help!!!!! with re-flashing my mogul 6800

i bought the 6800 for spint and flashed it to metro.. could not get the wi-fi to work so i got frustrated and went and opened a sprint account and tried to activate the phone with sprint. they could not activate it.. i took it back to metro to see if they could re-flash it and they could not....
i was told to try and take it to a sprint authorized dealer rather than a sprint coporate store, but i cant seem to find one here in sacramento... at this point i have a phone that will not work on either network..

any ideas??????????

Last edited by fabulousbebe; 03-04-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 PM
fhero

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: help!!!!! with re-flashing my mogul 6800

Hiya Bebe,

I would flash it yourself to Metro. Sounded like to me that they didn't want to do the work to get it Metro capable (ie flashing it).

Does that phone have a clean ESN on Sprint?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fabulousbebe is a n00b

i flashed i to metro... but got frustrated when i couldnt get the wi-fi to work.. now after having sprint TRY to activate it with no luck, i wanna re flash it back to metro.. how do i do that?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousbebe View Post
i bought the 6800 for spint and flashed it to metro.. could not get the wi-fi to work so i got frustrated and went and opened a sprint account and tried to activate the phone with sprint. they could not activate it.. i took it back to metro to see if they could re-flash it and they could not....
i was told to try and take it to a sprint authorized dealer rather than a sprint coporate store, but i cant seem to find one here in sacramento... at this point i have a phone that will not work on either network..

any ideas??????????
Are you saying you flashed the phone to Metro and are trying to activate it on Sprint, or did you re-flash it to Sprint before trying to get it activated on Sprint? If the first scenario is correct, then it's no wonder Sprint can't activate it. You're asking them to activate a Metro device on the Sprint network. If the second scenario is correct, then there may be issues with the device. Did you buy the phone directly from Sprint, or through a third party, i.e. eBay or craigslist? If it was a third party purchase, you need to make sure you have a clean ESN (as suggested by fhero). If the ESN is bad, it may be close to impossible to get the device activated

Old 03-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fabulousbebe is a n00b

i bought the phone from ebay. it is a sprint phone. i had it flashed it to metro got angry when the wi-fi wouldnt work... THEN took it to sprint. they SAID they could activate it on the sprint network, and tried to. it wouldnt work... they tried everything including a master reset.. but it would not work on the sprint network.
then i went BACK to metro and asked them if they could REFLASH it.. they tried.. it didnt work. so now i have a mogul that does not work at all......on either network.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fabulousbebe is a n00b

and yes.. the ESN was clean

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan