PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   changing ringtone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5968)

msreesa 07-13-2007 10:39 AM

changing ringtone

Can anyone tell me how to change the ringtone for my viocemail and text messages, if its possible? i dont like the little bell, I want to hear my music. Thanks.

Cicatrize 07-13-2007 10:43 AM

Start > Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications

Drop down list options:

Messaging: New text message
Phone: Voice Mail

There you go. :)

EDIT: BTW, I think your music has to be in the My Ringtones folder (in My Documents) to be able to be used as a ringtone.

msreesa 07-13-2007 11:27 AM

ok I;m confused. it only gives me the option to choose either voicemail or text message. and when i hit play sound my ringtones are not there. I have them in my document folder though. Please help :(

wowthatisrandom 07-13-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msreesa
ok I;m confused. it only gives me the option to choose either voicemail or text message. and when i hit play sound my ringtones are not there. I have them in my document folder though. Please help :(

you need to put them into the \Windows\Rings Folder

msreesa 07-13-2007 11:58 AM

I dont see that folder on my computer even when i sync, where can i find it?

Cicatrize 07-13-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
Quote:

No, you need to put them in \My Documents\My Ringtones ... unless there's multiple methods. ;)

msreesa 07-13-2007 12:58 PM

they are in my documents/ringtones folder. but its not giving me an option of saying what i want my ringtone for my voicemail ot text message to be. it only has the standard, and i need to figure out the BEST way so that I can have the music i downloaded as my voicemail or text message ringtone. So since my ringers are in the documents/ringer folder my next step is.....?

RichieRich777 07-13-2007 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
Quote:

He's right... They have to go into Windows\Rings... The other way puts them in so you can use them as ring tones for actual calls but not for text messages, voice mails, etc...

Cicatrize 07-13-2007 02:45 PM

Weird...mine are in My Ringtones, and they are listed on the drop down for text messages and voicemails.

jloden78 09-14-2007 05:08 AM

In order for you to get new ringtones for MESSAGING OR TEXT, they have to be converted into WMA, then you can put them in the Windows folder. And they don't have to go into the ringtones folder. Scroll all the way down and you will see the other ringtones for messaging!!