PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

z3bu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Constantly freezing

Hey guys and gals, I got a decently new Mogul (3 months old) that has an original battery from my old mogul (oct. 2007)

Starting yesterday I've been having this problem with my mogul randomly freezing. I've tried hard resetting time and time again. Even on a clean hard reset it will still freeze.

At first i thought it was the touch screen because it seemed to only freeze when i used the touch screen but i'm starting to think otherwise. Earlier it cut out with the battery meter at ~35% and wouldn't turn back on. I plugged it into the wall charger.....nothing.....no light and it wouldn't power on. I took the battery out for a few minutes and put it back in and then it worked.

Sometimes when it freezes, I'll soft-reset it and it will do the short vibrate like it always does, but the screen will stay black and the Green LED will stay lit.....forcing me to soft reset it again.

Is it possible for a bad battery to be causing this? Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks everyone.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

z3bu is a n00b
Re: Constantly freezing

a little update.....it has gotten to the point to where it doesn't start up at all now. most of the time i can hit the power button or the soft reset button and 99/100 times it does nothing.....that 1/100 time, it boots up but freezes

i successfully flashed it to a different rom but nothing changed.....still does nothing when I press the power button or push the soft reset button.

Now, when its plugged into the wall charger or into the usb port, the LED blinks red when i hit the soft reset button. It doesn't do this when its not connected to the power cord.

Any ideas?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Constantly freezing

If a different ROM had no effect, I'd say that you have a hardware issue. I doubt it would be the battery though.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan