PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 12:28 AM
N00b

TheNegotiator is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voice Mail App...??

I have a question...are there any voicemail apps around that will actually tell u how many voice mails u have rather than the very stupid voice mail notification that windows provides thats says "1 voice mail" (on the today screen) no matter ho many voice mails you actually have. I did notice the on the slide2unlock app it does tell u how many voicemails you have...i installd it for a freind on her 6700 (verizon) and when i tested it i noticed that it said 20 by the voicemail notification icon..but on my phone it ALWAYS says 1..i dnt know it this has to do with the fact that my phone is windows mobile 6 and her is 5..but in any event does anyone know of any good voicemail apps or of any regidtry tweak to make my voicemail notification actually say how many messages i have as opposed always saying 1. thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:40 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
I think this is actually a Sprint issue. None of the phones I have had on Sprint have ever shown me how many voicemails I had, but when I was with T-Mobile, every phone showed me that info.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

shytown is a n00b
if you check out phone alarm, alot of the skins have counters. But I'm not sure if voicemail is counted as well. I know emails, texts, and missed calls are though. check it out.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
As far as I'm aware Sprint doesn't have any network feature that would allow this. They notify your phone if you have a new voicemail, and that's it. They don't notify your phone of how many.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool
As far as I'm aware Sprint doesn't have any network feature that would allow this. They notify your phone if you have a new voicemail, and that's it. They don't notify your phone of how many.
I think I read about this on this forum, but it has to do with Sprint's VM system, like TurboFool stated. If you think of a phone that does this **cough iPhone cough** the carrier had to redo the VM system in order to let you listen to the specific VMs people leave. This would be a great feature to have, but it's all up to Sprint...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 07-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

DaIronFist is a n00b
gotvoice.com has a nice feature that is similiar to the iphone. it downloads ur new messages and u can play the one u want. They have a mobile client now too. works good on my mogul.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 AM
daclothe

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Are you using the free or pro version of gotvoice?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ryox82 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ryox82 Send a message via MSN to ryox82 Send a message via Yahoo to ryox82
it says on the site it works for both, but i couldnt find anything but the trial for pro to download.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan