PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Angry Can't get WIFI to work on 6800....

I decided to try to use my WIFI for some reason and noticed that it won't connect to my hidden networks....just saids "connecting"....
I used the "Advanced Configuration" utility and set everything at default under the network settings but no luck...
The WPA option was disabled and I reenabled it....
It sees the network but just saids connecting and yes, the hardware switch is on...
I'm using the last rom from the kitchen....
Any help would be appreciated....
Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Can't get WIFI to work on 6800....

I had the same problem a while back.... I could NOT get it to connect no matter what I tried. I knew the router wifi was working because 2 laptops connected fine, but the phone was a no go. I did a little investigation to test the wifi in the phone. I went to the library in town to see if I could connect there and I could!!
The dsl tech support guys said they don't support that. The wireless tech guys said the same. I called HTC tech and got the same answer.
After complaining for a while, verizon gave me a new router (same model too) and all became fine!?
But the new router did the trick. Never did find out why, I even reset the old router a few times too but nothing would let me connect. I even asked on this forum and no one could figure it out either.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Angry Re: Can't get WIFI to work on 6800....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 View Post
I had the same problem a while back.... I could NOT get it to connect no matter what I tried. I knew the router wifi was working because 2 laptops connected fine, but the phone was a no go. I did a little investigation to test the wifi in the phone. I went to the library in town to see if I could connect there and I could!!
The dsl tech support guys said they don't support that. The wireless tech guys said the same. I called HTC tech and got the same answer.
After complaining for a while, verizon gave me a new router (same model too) and all became fine!?
But the new router did the trick. Never did find out why, I even reset the old router a few times too but nothing would let me connect. I even asked on this forum and no one could figure it out either.
did they give you a new router or a new phone (6800) ?

thanks....
Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Angry Re: Can't get WIFI to work on 6800....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
thanks....

I might add, this phone is brand new....just got it this past december...

thanks..
Old 02-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post

thanks....
Router... All worked (and still works) perfectly since. I would check somewhere else (public) before you try anything else.... library, coffee shop, mcdonalds, etc
Old 02-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Evo
Carrier: Sprint

gfhammer is just getting started

When my wifi won't connect I go to setting: wi-fi: Network Adapters: IEEE 802.11b/g Compatible Wi-fi: then select Use server assigned IP address.

It works for.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

emartinez13 is a n00b

Can't get mine to work either. My wife has one that she got one week before me, and her's, you just flip the switch and it connects automatically at home, so I know my router, or any settings are not the problem. On mine. I flip the switch, and it detects nothing at all. I took off the back cover, battery, and the trim and seen the antenna and I bent this little prong out to make sure it was making good contact and then put it back together and it detected for a sec but it didn't stay connected for more than like 10 seconds. Then the connection became unavailable. I seen on another post that someone had the same problem and they took it apart and found some kind of "air bubble" on the wi-fi chip or the wires or something and they thought that it could be the problem. Maybe some of these phones have some kind of defect, it's like a hit or miss if your wi-fi works, mostly hit I assume since there are only few that have this problem. I sure like this phone but the no wi-fi thing really gets to me since I have wi-fi at work and at home that I could use and metropcs internet is really slow at times! Maybe you could take yours apart and check you antenna to make sure it has good contact and then see what happens and report back if you have any luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan