PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2007, 07:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

garberfc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machina2o2
130% is perfectly fine especially for AVC video at 360kbps I noticed your video is only 220kbps so im not sure why your getting less than stellar performance so far im extremely satisfied on the Mogul performance overall.
For those jumping on the bandwagon I recommend using PSPvideo9 (google it) to do the encoding using the settings i have to get smooth and crispy video playback.
I just installed the latest version of PSPvideo9 (v2.25) and I don't see it supporting 360kbps?

Would you please elaborate on the settings you use, or where you're setting them?

Thanks,

F
Old 08-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
If you are looking for benchmarks, I've posted a few in the review I did on the P4000 awhile back.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1153541

When it comes to benchmarks I don't think there is a single thing in the computer industry that can be any more misleading and confusing than benchmarks. There is so much more to it then looking at a couple of numbers and saying this one is better because it has a bigger number. There are many variables that need to be taken into consideration. Benchmarks were invented for professionals to apply their knowledge and experience to interpret the numbers so they could better design components. Not for amateurs to drool over big numbers. Personally I feel the best benchmark for me is to use the device for its intended use. If it works good for me, than who cares what number it has. In the case being discussed here, I run videos on mine without issue. I don't care how it benchmarked. The important thing is that it works in real life circumstances. There's no better judge than that.

Dave
Old 08-23-2007, 03:24 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
look, another thread where hippity.hopity suggests the treo over the mogul, imagine that.

the OP's question was if the hardware is crappy, or the software is not optimized. current benchmarks do not even attempt to answer the question.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
The hardware is fast.
Problem is, as everyone here already pointed out, the software support is lacking, especially the likes of Direct Draw. Any program that uses Direct Draw acceleration will respond poorly, for example TCPMP or CorePlayer (unless DD acceleration is turned off, in which case it runs just fine).

This, however, makes very little difference in the grand scheme of using a device, since the actual OS seems to respond pretty quickly- better than devices from yesteryear. The numbers may not report it, and games/video/multimedia might report it, but the general user experience will. The responsiveness of the system is better than most PDA's I've played with lately, and its fast enough that even the "problem" multimedia apps don't visibly suffer (130% is still 30% more than you need to play full motion video! Why do you care if its 130% or 180% if all you need is 100??? This is a very futile argument).
Eventually, as this chipset loses its "new and unexplored" status, more and more software will take advantage of it and push it beyond its current competitors... sort of the same way dual-core CPU's won't speed up your processing unless the app is written to take advantage of both cores (I actually upgraded to a dual core system for rendering video, only to find that the software didn't support both cores at the same time, and it ran slower than my single core CPU from 5 years prior!). Does this make a dual core CPU less powerful? No! Because you can still benefit from it in overall system responsiveness (how quickly apps open/close, switching between them, etc.), not to mention eventually software will catch up (I installed the next version of the video rendering software, which cut my render time in less than half!).

BOTTOM LINE: The mogul is fast. End of story.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

town229 is a n00b
Don't know why y'all having a low speed my mogul extremely fast, here my music video benchmark:

as seem it overs a MBits/s. I also have ppc6700 before and use got around a 300%
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Post your video and we can benchmark it on our Moguls and other phones to compare. Numbers by themselves are totally meaningless.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
you got that without changing any settings? hmm wierd
Old 08-25-2007, 12:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

town229 is a n00b
here a video for y'all to BM:
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XCPLJE23
Coreplayer conf.
video change to raw flamebuffer

Video Recode:
240x320 12.5fps 240Kbits .3g2
Audio 48Kbits stereo 22khz
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Toucj Pro

PdaAddict is a n00b
I have had Mogul for 3 month now and in my experience this device is not that robust in other applications either. It frequently chockes up and locks up. I was using ATT 8525 before (as well as many opther PDAs before) and was much happier with a "single core" Samsung CPU in it. I think Qualcomm chipsets look good on paper but do not deliver in real life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan