PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Lurker

hall316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does this work on the mac?
Old 07-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Lurker

suilobo is a n00b
Are you sure this won't occur any extra charges? Can anyone confirm this by looking at their bill online.

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Lurker

atsitalian is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by suilobo
Are you sure this won't occur any extra charges? Can anyone confirm this by looking at their bill online.

Thanks!
There was a post on pdaphonehome where where someone confirmed "no extra charges" on their bill.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo
Carrier: Sprint

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
That was me, no extra charges. I used Internet sharing and PDAnet. Only the $15 Vision charge. If I could only get a bluetooth connection to work consistently I'd be a happy guy.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
For those of us without Moguls, can you give us the connection settings for "Phone as modem"? I'd like to try this on my Apache.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

havieri23 is just getting started
okay, i tried using the ## code but it didnt bring me nowhere. im still stuck on the phone dialing screen. what am i doing wrong?

Also under the desktop connection. Only dialup connection i have there is a pdanet modem which is default. I'm guessing i have to use the new connection wizard. Can someone walk me thru the settings in there.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Lurker

suilobo is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71
That was me, no extra charges. I used Internet sharing and PDAnet. Only the $15 Vision charge. If I could only get a bluetooth connection to work consistently I'd be a happy guy.
What I mean is someone without using PDAnet, but the other way posted above. Did anyone get charged using that method?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kirvin
For those of us without Moguls, can you give us the connection settings for "Phone as modem"? I'd like to try this on my Apache.
Please . . . I would like to try it on my 6700 as well. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by suilobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71
What I mean is someone without using PDAnet, but the other way posted above. Did anyone get charged using that method?

Thanks!
Even if you have PV on you account you can get charged for using phone as modem. But this would only happen if they see a big change in your data usage. otherwise there is no way for them to distinguish between you using PV or tethering.
________
IzabellaX

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Re: Free Tethering? I think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice
So I was having an issue with my data calls today, getting error code 67 when i tried dialing #777. Well I called Sprint Tech Support and they walked me through resetting my data profile. The ## code was ##3282# and I put in my MSL code after choosing Edit from the resulting menu.

I was able to Edit a setting that corresponded to my IP. It was initially set to Mobile IP Only and I change it to Mobile IP Preferred. I also changed the 3 keys in HKLM>Software>OEM>WMODEM all to 0 (disabled) so they couldn't detect tethering (Multi-NAI).

Now I can connect via Phone As Modem (which I wasn't able to do before) and getting 1.5 Mbps speed when I tether in Internet Sharing.

Let me know if anyone else has done/can do this. Do you think they're gonna fnd out and charge me? I don't see how they can and I can always just say that I really used the data on my phone.
Can you please tell me the exact directions because I've changed the settings to Mobile IP Preferred and change the Wmodem registry entry to 0 and yet I still can't connect. It still gives me Error Code 67.

I've tried connecting to the Vision service from Internet Explorer and THEN trying to connect with Internet Sharing using Phone As Modem and no luck. This method works with Internet Sharing using Sprint PCS. So am I doing something wrong here? I also have the $15 Power Vision plan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan