PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Lurker

ffejrey1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Orange light of death!

mogul 6800 is one cool phone...

when 1 led light gets stuck on - that one cool phone might mirror the fate of the copy machine in office space...

2 days ago my left led was a constant orange - hard reset did not solve the problem. I noticed after a while that the light would flicker on and off at irregular intervals (somewhat like a lightbulb with a bad connection) and then finally went off completely. Green and blue led's still work dandy.

So this morning my right LED is solid orange (as if charging) but it wasn't. When I charge the phone it turns green when plugged in. Full charge didn't change anything. Disconnect - orange.

So now I'm draining the battery to get the red blinking light to see if that might make the phone snap out of it, but it seems like i'm gettin' pretty silly at this point.

I did install ilock 1.17 during the last few days (when issues occured) and use the touch dialer and audio manager, spb pocket plus and phone suite, mem maid, threaded sms, and voice command 1.6.

Finally, is there anything more severe I can do beyond a hard reset if the problem is somehow software or registry related?

All this to avoid the "hassle" of calling sprint and getting the return kit....

Anyone else have any led woes or suggestions?

Thanks for all your contributions eyeryone!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
i would definality do the hard reset first. you should have a backup program that would make hard resets not so scary.

never call the carriers for a new phone until you've tried everything. the hard reset is the tell- tell. if that dont do it nothing will. well maybe a rtn, but that's just leads to the msl thing. lol.

thats the reason insurance keeps going up.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ffejrey1 is a n00b
been there done that...

hard reset don't do nuttin.

rtn? do you mean returning the phone?

I have the msl and msid so that's no biggie... Are you perhaps referring to something other than a hard reset? If so, please do tell.

I left everything on last night to drain the battery... presently it's dead to the point where the phone will not turn on, however as soon as you insert the battery the led goes solid orange. Even my girlfriend wants to kill the phone now!

It's not my fault if this is a hardware problem and the mfg is to blame for the price of insurance in this instance... Paying $549 for a phone, we should not be scared to ask for a properly functioning machine...

Thanks again for the help!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:47 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
I think that cody was referring to using the ##RTN# [##786#] code that most Sprint PPCs allow- it completely erases all programming and necessitates reprogramming your phone number, MSID, etc back into the phone. You'll need your MSL in order to do it.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3d _ haters gonna hate
Carrier: Your mom

faiz23 is just getting started
could it be the phone suite software by spb, since it plays around with the phone settings i am not sure if it is compatible with cdma phones. Oh you know what is could be your dialer do not install dialers into our moguls all dialers are made for gsm especially the touch dialer and it has a 4mb memory leak also. Plus e911 will not work and it messes up the agps software also. I hard reset and removed that. I am not having any issues with my or my girlfriend mogul.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Spb Phone Suite is compatible with CDMA phones.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-07-2007, 01:31 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz23
... all dialers are made for gsm especially the touch dialer and it has a 4mb memory leak also...
What?
So sorry. This is not true.
I've used many different dialers on my CDMA phone with no issues.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: boost

bhaffar is a n00b
HTC Sprint Mogul PPC 6800

Battery charging question:

I noticed that my phone's "Notification LED 2" stays orange when charging - is it ever supposed to turn green to let me know that it's fully charged or am I supposed to just look at the battery meter in the Today Screen? I couldn't find the answer in the manual.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3d _ haters gonna hate
Carrier: Your mom

faiz23 is just getting started
please take a look at these link stating the issues with the dialer, i hated having to delete it but it was not safe to use, incase of 911 emergency.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-di...ues-t6136.html

Paul Hammons is a genius when it comes to dialers and this is what he said about the HTC Dialer

Well, making some progress. First off, the "Wizard reTouched" dialer is completely incompatable with our phone. Breaks minor things like icons, and ## codes, and major things like 911 and enabling GPS for 911 calls. Never mind the memory leaks because it is making calls to memory segments in dll's that aren't there. If you have this installed I would highly recommend that you uninstall, if just for safety 911 related reasons.

Secondly, the factory dialer has the "big button" stuff used on the touch already installed as part of the current dialer, just disabled and missing the button graphics. This phone was made to switch between small and large dial buttons.

I have made some progress in getting it enabled by installing the button graphics and working through the templates. I do have the "in call" keypad skinned like the Touch using the correct Sprint .dll's. I also have the "background" of the big buttons transposed upon the small dialer buttons. Working to find the correct call to use the native big buttons on the main dialer screen. The main dialer screen is still using the small buttons.

Even better, there is a hidden menu on the smart dialer to turn of/on big button dialing. Working to enable that menu option as part of this.

I will keep you updated. It is a little slow as this stuff is not easy, I run two businesses and have 4 kids. So be patient.
-Paul Hammons

check out the full thread here,

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...on-arrows.html
Old 07-07-2007, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: HTC Sprint Mogul PPC 6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaffar
Battery charging question:

I noticed that my phone's "Notification LED 2" stays orange when charging - is it ever supposed to turn green to let me know that it's fully charged or am I supposed to just look at the battery meter in the Today Screen? I couldn't find the answer in the manual.

Thanks.
It should change to green when fully charged.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan