PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 11:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

biff441 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Answers needed

I am a noob. I am trying to gather information to decide if I want to flash my ROM. I have a Mogul. I have the WM 6.1 upgrade. It is limited as everyone knows.

What does flashing your ROM really give you? Do apps run faster? Do you increase your main memory (which is what I want to do)? Can you run multiple apps without having to do a soft reset? Does Opera run faster? As of now, my Opera internet experience is average. It runs faster than IE, but moving a page with my finger feels like a chore. I also am using the Winterface Suite, which I like. It freezes up and doesn't fully load sometimes. You know half winterface and half WM 6.1.

I have read the Titan Wiki. It is more of a "how to" than a "why" you should do this. I have also googled various terms with no real answers.

I have many more questions but I don't want to scare anyone off. If some one could answer the fundemental questions like why do this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Answers needed

It depends on the ROM you want to use. Many of them are stripped down, in that they don't have a lot of add on apps. If you're looking to gain memory, this might be the type you seek. Something else you may want to do is run a clean up app on your device, if things are bogged down. Often, a system slowdown is caused by an accumulation of junk files, internet and otherwise. Check out MemMaid (www.dinarsoft.com) or SKTools (www.s-k-tools.com). Neither is free, but worth the $20 that you'll spend. If you're looking for ROM specific info, check over at www.xda-developers.com

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

SKtools does have a trial, and works very well. If you like lots of apps, yuo won't like the stripped down ROMs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:31 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

biff441 is a n00b

I use skTools. Does a great job cleaning up and optimizing. Still not enough. I do like a lot of apps. Which ROM would you recommend?
Old 02-15-2009, 01:39 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

biff441 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
It depends on the ROM you want to use. Many of them are stripped down, in that they don't have a lot of add on apps. If you're looking to gain memory, this might be the type you seek. Something else you may want to do is run a clean up app on your device, if things are bogged down. Often, a system slowdown is caused by an accumulation of junk files, internet and otherwise. Check out MemMaid (www.dinarsoft.com) or SKTools (www.s-k-tools.com). Neither is free, but worth the $20 that you'll spend. If you're looking for ROM specific info, check over at www.xda-developers.com
I've been on XDA's site. I came here to see what I should ask on XDA. The site asks you to upload files, but I'm not sure which files to upload. I do not want to scew up my phone to the level others have on the Titan Upgrade Site. I want a preferred or OEM ROM build. One that is tested and works. Where do I go to get this information?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan