PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Now that you know it's problems, would you still buy it?

A friend of mine works for Sprint and got one. He offered it to me for $300. I am not eligible for any discounts, so this would be a great price to me. That said, for those of you that have had a bit of time to get used to it, do you have any regrets? If you had it to do over, would you still buy it knowing what you know now? I'd be coming from a 6700, and helmi_c just made a new kitchen, which Luv2Chill and Colonel are working on now, so I'm not sure about jumping ship just yet.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 07-06-2007, 07:23 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
i came from the treo and i havent looked back!... love the phone! its just a matter of time b4 new kitchens come for this phone... JUMP
Old 07-06-2007, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gameboy213 is a n00b
Personally... I would. It was great running the cooked roms on the 6700. But the form factor alone was worth the jump for me. The RAM issue is pretty annoying yes, and the alarms not working. But I can live with it for the form factor upgrade, the keyboard upgrade, the better battery life I am seeing and the overall sound quality and loudness improvements. Give it a shot.... I think you will like it.
I also think very shortly there will be plenty of folks like Luv and Col working on the ROMS for the this phone... it's only been a few weeks.

just my .02
Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

Dmunkey is a n00b
I would definatly jump on that i've had mine for about a week and definatly would not switch back to my 6700. Form factor alone is enough of a reason. True there are a few bugs yet to be worked out but think back to when the 6700 came out. There were to many issues with that phone to count.

Whats the worst that could happen? You will have to swich back to the 6700 and ebay the 6800 for more than you paid.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:20 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Get it the for factor alone it's enough to keep me with this PPC, I went back from 2 other inferior Phones the 700wx and the Q to my 6700 but it wont happen this time. Remember you are changing from one HTC product to another so there isn't that device shock when you change like there was for me and those other devices. GET IT IF YOU CAN
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Lurker

atsitalian is a n00b
From 6700 w/latest mario rom...No regrets...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Lurker

sean1966 is a n00b
Switched over from a 700wx on tuesday. You couldn't pay me to switch back (OK you could, but it wouldn't be cheap!)
Smaller, faster, better battery life, bigger keyboard and screen. The bugs'll get squashed with time.

One word. Jump!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eb3604 is just getting started
only thing that bugs me is video quality. but guessing its a driver, codec or firmware issue
Old 07-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

HomerJay is a n00b
As most have stated the form factor alone is enough for me to never look back. If some of the issues get fixed that just makes it even better!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan