PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 04:30 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Radio 3.42.02 better than 3.42.50

Alright so I just got my replacement. It is mint condition and doesn't appear to be a refurb. Never the less, it came with MR1. There are guides on reverting the PRI but I never really follow that kinda stuff so I did it all myself. Anyways, I forgot to flash radio 3.42.50 over USB when I had Olipro 1.2 loaded. I don't have a non-SDHC card so I never flash over SD. But, I loaded 3.42.02 with the Sprint WM6.1 and now locks are WAY faster with Standalone GPS. I don't use aGPS as I find it too flaky. But, I am using 1.35 PRI and Radio 3.42.02 with build 20755 and my phone is locking so fast. I even checked my settings in QSPT to make sure no aGPS was confirgured and my registry isn't set up for it.

My new Titan is way for responsive. Screen is more sesitive, keys feel better, though the same RAM issues.

Anyways I know some other threads have compared radios but who has got the best performance out of the 3.42.XX version radios?

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Radio 3.42.02 better than 3.42.50

Well Im glad they at least got you out another 68 and didnt trip about where the last one came from.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Wink Re: Radio 3.42.02 better than 3.42.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
My new Titan is way for responsive. Screen is more sesitive, keys feel better, though the same RAM issues.
You sure it's not just your imagination?

Give it a while... The buttons will break, it will lag/freeze up, and you will still run out of free RAM when running a program :P

Anyway, to answer your question, the 3.42.50 radio seems to work best on my Titan and I've tried them all.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

hogan is just getting started

Just outta curiosity, how is it that you all seem to get replacements for your phones? Do you all get 1 or 2 year contracts and take out the insurance?

Without the insurance, won't Verizon just tell you to "go pound sand"?
Every PPC I bought was second-hand (ie. not from Verizon).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:39 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Well Im glad they at least got you out another 68 and didnt trip about where the last one came from.
So was I. The guy was looking at all my account history forever. He started talking small talk for awhile too. He finally got down to it.

Quote:
You sure it's not just your imagination?

Give it a while... The buttons will break, it will lag/freeze up, and you will still run out of free RAM when running a program :P

Anyway, to answer your question, the 3.42.50 radio seems to work best on my Titan and I've tried them all.
I compared it to my old one and it felt better. But, I am aware that it doesn't last. The hardware will mess up again, thanks to the poor quality of these things. RAM has and always will be a Mogul issue.

Quote:
Just outta curiosity, how is it that you all seem to get replacements for your phones? Do you all get 1 or 2 year contracts and take out the insurance?

Without the insurance, won't Verizon just tell you to "go pound sand"?
Every PPC I bought was second-hand (ie. not from Verizon).
No. You call and get a good reason as to why your phone aint functioning right. If you still have a year left from orignal activation date or 90 days from last replacement, they'll send you a replacement.

Now, they might hassle you as to where the first device came from. I have told them it's none of their busniess, or from a friend.

In the first case of my Mogul I complained about white spot. They had me call PCD and they said to replace it. When I got that replacement, it had white spot and dropped the phone radio all the time. I got that replaced by a nice girl who even did overnight saturday shipping for me. I have had that up to now. This last one came from a nice manager who felt bad about leaving me with a broken device, and broke "policy" to send a replacment.

Last edited by PDAPhoneJunkie; 02-12-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor

I'm cruising on the aGPS enabled 3.42.50 radio and locks are fairly quick but once I get inside the building it takes a lot longer. I have a question about your keys though, when you say "better" do you mean they have a harder more clicking feel to it, or a softer spongier feel?

I was thinking of milking my insurance to get a replacement because mine just does not feel as nice as my old clonker apache tank phone.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:49 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoH5656 View Post
I'm cruising on the aGPS enabled 3.42.50 radio and locks are fairly quick but once I get inside the building it takes a lot longer. I have a question about your keys though, when you say "better" do you mean they have a harder more clicking feel to it, or a softer spongier feel?

I was thinking of milking my insurance to get a replacement because mine just does not feel as nice as my old clonker apache tank phone.
The new ones feel nice and tight. My old one could be pressed in my pocket.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Anyways, I forgot to flash radio 3.42.50 over USB when I had Olipro 1.2 loaded. I don't have a non-SDHC card so I never flash over SD. But, I loaded 3.42.02 with the Sprint WM6.1 and now locks are WAY faster with Standalone GPS. Anyways I know some other threads have compared radios but who has got the best performance out of the 3.42.XX version radios?
My Mogul seems to lock onto GPS much faster with 3.42.02 than with 3.42.50. Is there any speed improvement using data with 3.42.50?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:10 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
My Mogul seems to lock onto GPS much faster with 3.42.02 than with 3.42.50. Is there any speed improvement using data with 3.42.50?
No. I have checked everything. 3.42.02 is faster in everything, except voice calls are the same.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:31 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Very interesting. My GPS stopped locking. I flashed 3.42.50 Guess what? Super fast locks came back. I am very suprised...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan