PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

denno is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
why is noone complaining about the crappy stylus?

collapsible stylus sounded cool (think Palm Tungsten) but even when fully extended it's 2/3 the size of the 6700's--hard to use comfortably & I have small hands!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

CTSLICK is a n00b
True but there is only so much you can do with the space available. The sylus gets me by when I need it but I do carry around a pen/stylus combo while at work. Much nicer to use than any stylus I have ever used. Small price to pay in my opinion.
Sharp Wizard->Palm IIIx->Casio EM-500->Dell X5 Advanced->PPC 6800
Old 06-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Stylus seems fine to me, but I'm used to a DS lite stylus, which is the same dimensions. My only complaint is the location. Since I'm right-handed, sliding it in or removing it's a pain in the ass when the keyboard's open.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:51 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Coming from the smaller screen on the Treo line, I had to use a stylus. However, I can easily use my finger for most things, so the stylus is rarely used.

I do wish they would have put the stylus on top so that it will not fall out as it gets looser over time. The SD would have been nicer on the side or top as well. I'm sure they had their reasons with the design limitations in making a device like this so small.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:23 PM
N00b

thedam is a n00b
I find that I rarely use the stylus anyway. What I can say is that it appears that this one has a little tighter fit therefore I won't end up buying tons of them like I had to with the 6700.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

Dmunkey is a n00b
Complain all we want there is nothing that can be done about it but to get used to using it.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
I dont know about you guys, but I still do a lot of writing, so I actually use the fisher astronaut pen with the stylus mod on the cap...It makes it so you can actually grip the styuls, as its a pen, and not feel like you're gonna break it, brings back the solidarity to a stylus. They do however cost around 20-30 bucks depending on where you get them, however the pen is quality, and its got a stylus so I kill two birds with one stone.

PH

Don't forget to hit the '+'
Old 06-28-2007, 07:38 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
actually 1 thing about this stylus is u dont have to worry about losing it. this is the same stylus as the mda and my wifes uncle has had his for 2 years and never lost his stylus it has to do with the air being pushed out that makes it stick so well. it actually makes it like a suction
Old 06-28-2007, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gameboy213 is a n00b
I don't love that it collapses in the hand when I am using it sometimes... but overall it is fine. It is a small device. There is only so much room.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
I am actually happy with the stylus because I really don't like the long thin stylus like the 6700 or 6600. This is a fat, thick stylus which is easy to hold and write with.

And I agree with pzztgotbagz, thatyou can never lose this stylus, which is a BIG problem I had with the 6700. I lost at least 7-8 stylus within the past year.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan