PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Severe Memory leak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5650)

winter720 07-03-2007 02:44 PM

Severe Memory leak

Just like everyone else I'm still getting settled into my new Mogul comming from the 700WX. Last night and today I've been noticing a severe memory leak. To the point were this AM I had 1.2mb free, and this was without running any programs at all. (I had even closed ActiveSync.) The phone got so damn slow, that it couldnt even play the ringtone as my phone rang. I DONT and HAVN'T installed the Touch Dialer. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues. I have yet to Hard reset, as I'm curious what is creating this issue. Below is a list of everything I have installed.

HTC CommManager 8button wizard
HTC default TSK
HTC Touch Home plugin
HTC X
Palm/Cody's edited Threaded SMS
SiriusWM5
Slingbox Mobile
Google Maps
Yahoo GO!
Kodicom CCTV for PDA
SPD Mobile Shell
TomTom Navigator
Voice command 1.6

dlbrummels 07-03-2007 05:38 PM

Yahoo GO! is probably the main hog.

tonywashere 07-04-2007 02:02 AM

Don't the tomtom maps take up like, 80mb and ect or more?

asksmity 07-05-2007 01:46 PM

Ive been having this happen alot too... and i can run a ram freeing function like sk tools, and it will only max me to 10-12mbs... if i reboot the phone it clears back up to 20mbs

Here are the apps i have in common with you

HTC CommManager 8button wizard
Slingbox Mobile
Google Maps

winter720 07-05-2007 11:27 PM

I wonder if Google Maps is creating an issue. Although I still experience this memory leak after a fresh soft reset, without runnign anything additonal.

fyi, I removed yahoo Go! and while that did use up some RAM, it isnt the culprit. I'm suprised there are not more people experiencing this.

nuguy 07-05-2007 11:35 PM

Not to be a moe, but are you doing a lot of surfing (have you cleared your cache) or taking lots of pictures, or voice notes, synching large files (music, or docs).

You can download a free ap called DirMap that is a file explorer that shows everything by size (directories too).

TurboFool 07-06-2007 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuguy
Not to be a moe, but are you doing a lot of surfing (have you cleared your cache) or taking lots of pictures, or voice notes, synching large files (music, or docs).

You can download a free ap called DirMap that is a file explorer that shows everything by size (directories too).

What does any of that have to do with RAM? The topic's not about lack of storage space, it's about system memory.

Binx713 07-06-2007 02:03 AM

I get the same problem i do have slingbox in common but just to use it i have to clear out some ram.

If anybody knows any fixes please let me know

JRider 07-06-2007 11:36 AM

Does anyone know for sure it's a "leak"?

I've had mine running (without a soft reset) for a couple days now, and it's dipped as low as 4 MB free without any programs running. But if I look at the Memory Usage it only adds up to about 18 MB. This sounds like a memory leak, but I haven't noticed any slow downs. It seems to run just the same as it did with 20 MB free. Is anyone aware of any memory caching done in Win Mobile 6? Just like Vista caches memory, maybe Mobile 6 does the same? If I look at my Windows Vista machine right now, it tells me I have 24 Megs free, but it also tells me that 900 Megs are cached of a possible 1525 Total. Again, maybe Windows Mobile 6 does something similar to this. It's just a thought.

xmentalx 07-06-2007 12:38 PM

the mogul with stock settings adjusts its cache settings on the fly so that may be part of the issue