PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Uninstalling the Touch Dialer (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5648)

DetoxDropout 07-03-2007 01:43 PM

Uninstalling the Touch Dialer

I've been using the Wizard ReTOUCHed dialer for a bit now, and I've heard of memory leak and EVDO constantly active bugs, if I were to remove this via Remove Programs would it revert to the original dialer, or would I need to find the original (or another) dialer(.cab) to replace it. Also, is there anything I need to do in the registry to fix any residual problems?

Search feature was turned up an Internal server error after several attempts, I apologize if this has been discussed.

telugite 07-03-2007 01:50 PM

it reverts back to original dialer.

bamrock 07-04-2007 12:13 AM

I too removed this dialer. It does look nice but I found that it was taking up like 2 megs of RAM which is 10% of the available RAM. I took that sucker right off through add/remove and it goes right back to the original and restores those 2Mb of RAM.

Pibe38 07-04-2007 03:20 PM

This dialer should be removed as soon as possible. Since it was designed for the Wizard, a GSM device, it really messes up the device. This can include your 911 functionality.

Paul_Hammons is working on trying to get it ported to CDMA devices.

bamrock 07-04-2007 06:46 PM

Wow I didn't even know about that Pibe38 thanks for the info.

DetoxDropout 07-04-2007 09:52 PM

It's gone now. :) Thanks for the extra tidbit of informaiton, thats kind of scary!

Another question, the area I am in, I roam constantly, not a problem (free roaming ftw) but the icon for roaming is quite ugly without the Touch Dialer, its an ugly solid black box with a blue triangle in the middle. The Touch dialer included a solid white triangle with transparency. For the same of pleasing my eyes when looking at this, does anyone know the image file for the Roaming icon, so I may edit it with the proper Transparency? Tried looking in the sytem folder but found no image files that readily stuck out as the roaming icon picture.

DAMBRO24 07-05-2007 02:23 AM

HOW do i get ride of the dialer , my ##s do not work anymore , and i cannot uninstall the dilaer that is causing the problem

Pibe38 07-05-2007 12:41 PM

I uninstalled this dialer through Remove Programs from settings. Why can't you?

ttyRazor 07-05-2007 05:38 PM

after uninstalling one of the other Touch derived cabs most of the others disappeared on me from the uninstaller. in the \Windows\AppMgr folder there was a folder with the name of the program and a .tmp file with all the file and registry changes that would be made to uninstall the new dialer and revert to the old, however all that manual editing seemed like a chore so I just did a hard reset instead.

tundrmnky 10-08-2007 04:57 PM

missing dialer

I tried to remove my new dialer and the stanard or original dialer is now missing...help please