PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Ringtones for PPC-6800 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5646)

RichieRich777 07-03-2007 12:46 PM

Ringtones for PPC-6800

I have been getting my ringtones from 3Gforfree for a while now. I always use them on my Sprint phones but the Mogul is giving me problems. I download them just fine but when I assign them they don't work. They show in the person's profile that i assign them to but it rings the phones default ringer... Is it just me or is this phone hard to use? Keep in mind I'm a total PPC newbie!

gameboy213 07-03-2007 02:21 PM

try a search here on the forums... I bet the answer is out there already. good luck

tonywashere 07-04-2007 02:04 AM

Re: Ringtones for PPC-6800

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieRich777
I have been getting my ringtones from 3Gforfree for a while now. I always use them on my Sprint phones but the Mogul is giving me problems. I download them just fine but when I assign them they don't work. They show in the person's profile that i assign them to but it rings the phones default ringer... Is it just me or is this phone hard to use? Keep in mind I'm a total PPC newbie!

I am a technician for Sprint. And 3gforfree, gritsandeggs, and any other 3rd party ringers like that do not work with the software. I think I need to refurb 10 phones or more per day because of this. They cause freezing, calls dropping, rebooting, menu's acting crazy and ect until just eventually destroying the phone. FYI.

RichieRich777 07-05-2007 07:41 AM

Well... They work... The only problem is they all show as jbed & not the actual name of the song. It took me a while to figure it out but they work on the mogul. I'd say I have been using 3gforfree for about 2 years & i have never had a problem. I've used their ringers & wallpaper on my phones, my wife's & for lots of friends.

RichieRich777 07-05-2007 07:42 AM

Well... They work... The only problem is they all show as jbed & not the actual name of the song. It took me a while to figure it out but they work on the mogul. I'd say I have been using 3gforfree for about 2 years & i have never had a problem. I've used their ringers & wallpaper on my phones, my wife's & for lots of friends.

stearic 07-05-2007 09:47 AM

You know you can just put mp3's on your phone and just use those as ringers right?

stroths 07-05-2007 09:57 AM

As stearic mentioned, this works fine. Just put them in the \Windows\Rings. Don't put a 5MB mp3 in there though as it will can cause issues with slow ringing. You want to make sure you don't have the full song and only a part of it. Preferably, use WMA as they are generally smaller than mp3's.

fireguy 07-05-2007 10:03 AM

ringtones

I've been using audacity to make mp3 ringtones and .wmv for other sounds and notifications. I generally keep the sounds limited to about 15- 20 seconds