PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul

mchova01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue wit Mogul After Battery Drained

I have a Sprint Mogul and I’m running into a few issues since the battery was drained recently:
1) The phone will randomly reboot for no apparent reason
2) Every other outgoing phone call will not work, I get a message that the call was lost and the phone reboots by itself
3) About 50% of the time it gets stuck on “No Radio” screen, and the power button stops working. At this point I have to remove the battery and try again
4) It does seem to fine if its running on external power (plugged into PC or charger)
5) It now runs out of battery power very quickly
6) Doing some actions seems to engage the speakerphone for a second

It was fine on Saturday and I didn’t get a chance to recharge it and use it again until Monday . I have not installed anything new recently, and the only thing I’ve done is upgrade the OS to 6.1 using the download on the Sprint/HTC site a few months ago and added Google Maps on the same day. Sprint wants $35 to look at it and more to replace the battery, but that has been ruled out so it seems silly to go down that route.

Has anyone run into this issue after a battery was drained? What are my options to fix it? I have tried a new battery and the current one does recharge.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:24 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Issue wit Mogul After Battery Drained

That's strange. Try pulling the battery for 30 seconds. Also try hard resetting. If not then take it in for service.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

you dnt have insurance on it?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Threadstarter

mchova01 is a n00b

Mr. Obvious -- Thanks, but it is still in the same condition.

crazychef -- No, I didn't get insurance.

I did see another post on here about an online exchange program, submitted the request and for $55.00 Sprint is sending a replacement. I hope it arrives before I have to travel next week.

Thanks for your posts.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

Are you using the factory battery? If not, it could be reporting a false charge to the device. Make sure the contacts are all clean and in good condition, for both the battery and the device. I know you are already getting a new phone, but if that is the only problem with yours then its worth fixing so you can sell it.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:48 AM
mikelapke

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Mine is doing similar things after the battery drained yesterday afternoon.
I came here looking to see if anyone else had this problem. It's good to know I'm not alone. I'll try pulling the battery out for a while first then maybe do a hard reset if I have to.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lakerz316 is a n00b

ive been having same prob...did hard reset...had the extended battery running but had it for about 3 weeks now and it just started going crazy...running newest rom from htc...brother has one too and his is fine...im taking it to repair shop tomo but has anyone seen or figured what going on with this issue?...i would buy new phone but waiting for Tungsten...
Old 02-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hey guys, have you thought of springing for new batteries? $10 or so on eBay? I just ordered on plus the extended capacity and will see if life is easier. My battery is 1 year 8 months old.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lakerz316 is a n00b

i did just buy a new extended life battery from from website and probs started a few weeks after i got it...replaced with old battery that came with it and has been working fine...going to see if i can get batt tested tomo...u might want to cancel ur batt order...recommended...new batt didnt solve prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Hey guys, have you thought of springing for new batteries? $10 or so on eBay? I just ordered on plus the extended capacity and will see if life is easier. My battery is 1 year 8 months old.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

MogulMongler is a n00b
Cool Re: Issue wit Mogul After Battery Drained

I have a couple of words I like to add to this one :

I'm on my third mogul, and lost the last two to battery issues.
These tiny computers are real sensitive to having the power interrupted or the battery left totally drained.

It seems like it needs a tiny bit of juice at all times, sort of like the flat cell batteries on PC motherboards.

I used to take the battery out when it would freeze, instead of waiting 30 seconds or so to see if it computinatin'... NoT GOOD.

I'm moving on to the Touch, not the TP though....I'm starting to have bad feeling i'm gonna miss the keyboard, but it's good I'm moving away from this tiny brick.

I'll go ahead and put my mogul on 'bay...some1 will take it.

my 2 cents aka

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan