PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Oh Look, SPRINT Screwed Me..........AGAIN.

Yeah, so I took my 6700 in a few months back (due to freezing problems), but they couldn't find the problem. The rep brought me a Brand New Treo 700wx. He told me that I could have the Treo as the 6700s were no longer in stock. I told him that I didn't want that...I wanted MY phone. He said, "Well, if you can wait for a few months, we can replace your 6700 with the PPC-6800 (Mogul)."

I figured that it was worth the wait. So, I've been walking around with a 'Broken' 6700 for about 4 months now. I had been calling the store every few days to make sure that the 'Free Mogul NOTE' was still on my account. So far, it had been all good...

Today, I went into the store to pay my Sprint bill, so I decided to go ahead and have a quick word with the manager...just in case they had gotten any in. Anyway, he saw the note on my account and said, "Well, this can't be right. I understand that we didn't have any in stock at the warehouse then, but we have them now. You're no longer eligible to receive the PPC-6800 as a replacement."

So I explained that this was now my 3rd 'messed up' 6700, and I didn't want another one. In fact, the last one was replaced with a 6700 that had a scratched screen, nicks & dents, and a large crack on the top of the phone. I told them that was unacceptable, but they said, "As long as it works we can give you the phone..." Well, that's just crap.

Anyway, so now I'm stuck with 'The Brick' until I can come up with almost $600, even though I've had Sprint for over a year, they told me I'm not eligible for any kind of discounts/rebates.

Sprint is crap, as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a d@mn about policy. If Reps AND MANAGERS tell me I'm going to receive something, I want to receive it, right?

-Touche'

p.s. Sorry about writing such a long post. I'm just aggravated, and you guys are the only people who'd understand why this is so frustrating.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:38 PM
N00b

robber is a n00b
Right.

I would speak to retentions/ account services. They are the only ones who seem to be able to get anything done.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Actually, I tried to call and ask about canceling my account, but they never put me through to retentions (or even mentioned it). They just put me through to account services to cancel my account. They ask me why I wanted to cancel, so I gave the story above. The woman told me, "Hmmm... I don't see any note on here about you receiving a free 6800."

Figures. I'm about to go back up to the store, because if that's true, that's means that they've been lying to me for the the last four-or-so months now. Not that it would be any big surprise from Sprint.

Should I call back and specifically ask for 'Retentions', or do they have to make the decision of whether or not to put you through to them?

-Touche'
Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

flipside is a n00b
Call 1-800-SPRINT1

go through the prompts and when she asks what do you want to do say "Cancel" and you'll be put through to retentions.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spc

94tbird is a n00b
sprint is gonig to repair or repalce the phone at their discretion. there is a list to be followed. the 6800 is not on the lsit for the 6700 as of yet. the 6700's were MIA for replacement for about 4-5 months. so they gave treo 700wx's for them. sicne the 6700's are avalible now, expect to get a 6700. i dont get why peopel expect to get free upgrades. you paid for a 6700, you get a 6700. if you want a 6800 pay for it like honest people.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Uhhh, I expect a 6800 b/c I paid (with deposit) over $500, and this is now my 3rd one that DOESN'T Work. Also, I expect a 6800 b/c that's what several managers at my Sprint store told me I would receive when they had no 6700s left in stock. They told me if I could wait it out, I'd get a 6700. I've now waited about 4 months, with a phone that doesn't work, because I was PROMISED a 6800.

So, for all the hassles, missed calls, messed up/damaged replacements, hours on the phone with customer care, promises, freezing and forced hard-resets,I think that I deserve a 6800. Yes. I do.

Also, you're right... I paid for a 6700. However, they seem to think that it's okay to send me some cracked, scratched, dented 6700. I didn't pay for that, did I? It's not like some little hairline crack, either. It's this big-a$$ crack right up by the power button, and two deep/thick scratches that go from the bottom of the screen all the way to the top. No, I didn't pay for that.

-Touche'

p.s By the way, don't try to act like you wouldn't take a free 6800 if given the chance for any reason. Put your horse in the stable...
Old 07-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside
Call 1-800-SPRINT1

go through the prompts and when she asks what do you want to do say "Cancel" and you'll be put through to retentions.
All they (retentions) said was that they could give me $200 off the price of the phone. I asked about their 'Buy-Back' program, but he said b/c of the condition of my phone, I wasn't eligible. See what I mean? I got the d@amn phone like this, and complained at the time, but nothing was done. So, I guess I'm just screwed.

I understand that $200 is a sizable amount of $$ to save on a great phone like this, but I see it this way:
Deposit $125
6700 +$450 (Price at the time)
--------
$575

So, there's $575. The phone w/o new service is priced (on Sprint.Com) as being $549.

Put that price together with the fact that this is now my 3rd 'handicapped' 6700. To me, that = PPC-6800.

-Touche'
Old 07-02-2007, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eb3604 is just getting started
your deposit has nothing to do with your phone. It has to do with the lack of credit age and/or low credit score. Sprint has 3 levels of deposits, 125, 250 and 500. so you're on the better end of the spectrum. Your spending limit is 100. Once your bill goes over 100 they suspend your account. I believe you get the deposit back when you end your contract or cancel.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah, my spending limit is $150.

Also, YES, it does have something to do with my phone. I payed that money so that I would be able to BUY and USE a phone provided by Sprint. So far, all I've gotten are 6700s that don't work properly. You have no idea how many calls I've missed b/c of how often it freezes when turned off. I'm not talking about calls from my fiance' or friends, either. I'm talking about meetings, bosses, the employees under myself...etc, So, as far as I'm concerned, I should be provided with services promised.

Another thing, NO, if you cancel your contract you DO NOT get that money back. Anybody who wants can try to disagree, but I was JUST on the phone with Account Services, and I actually asked them if that amount would be put towards the cancellation fee, or if I would just get it back. They told me that if I were to cancel service, that I would not get that money back AND I'd still have to pay the full cancellation fee.

-Touche'
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spc

94tbird is a n00b
no id take whatever phoen they gave me provided its similar to the one i have and WORKS
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan