PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 10:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Carrier: Sprint

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Benchmarking PPCKitchen bases (and more)

Over on xda-developers I have a thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=477525) where mr-free and I have been benchmarking all the current roms. I had a specific request from someone to test each of the current PPCKitchen bases. I thought I would post my results here. You can check out the link above if you want to see the results to the other roms or more details on the testing process. Overall 20931 appears to be the best. Scoring the best in almost every benchmark and having the most amount of free memory!

Edit: Oops, meant to post in upgrades forum. If a mod could move it I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Copy paste from xda-developers:

PPCKitchen Roms Results

As requested, I have tested all 4 current builds that come up in PPCKitchen. I built them all the same way and tested them the same way. I rebuilt and re-tested 20931 despite having tested it right above this one to make sure my results were consistent.

All roms were built using the following options:
sprint carrier, vistahide battery gauge, skip welcome, comm manager 6-button flat, office excel, office powerpoint, office word, adobe reader, total commander file explorer, htc enlarge start menu, htc titan camera, arcsoft mms 5, nueled, nuelight, oxios memory, touchflo 2d dialer, icontact, no sms sent notification, htc touch keyboard, manila 2d, manila 2d customizer, ftouchflo.

These options were chosen for no reason other than it's what I would use to build a rom. Obviously changing these options would result in different benchmarking results, so the results are kind of subjective.

All roms were created in PPCKitchen, flashed, hard reset, install spb benchmark, soft reset, check ram and run oxios, then benchmarked.

Last edited by flipzmode; 02-02-2009 at 10:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work
Re: Benchmarking PPCKitchen bases (and more)

How great would it be if we had info like this at the start of the Build release? Thanks for the great info and the time I know you put into this. Nice work!

Last edited by BigDinCA; 02-03-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

Incidentally, what are the labels for the data on the bottom of the last 3 graphs? I'm assuming it's time, but I'm not sure.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
Incidentally, what are the labels for the data on the bottom of the last 3 graphs? I'm assuming it's time, but I'm not sure.
Yup, it's milliseconds (how long it took to complete the test). Sorry that I didn't explain more, I went in to a lot more detail in my post on xda-dev.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm getting my Touch Pro today and I would love to start benchmarking the ROM's that I put on that, as well as the Touch I have now. Is this something I can do myself, just for reference? I'd be happy to share the info. I don't bloat my ROM's with extraneous crap. Almost identical to what you put in them, but I tend to load Oxiox and a couple others after the build, only because I don't know if I can put the newest versions into the kitchen. As an example, in the kitchen, it doesn't install Oxiox Close Apps; just Hibernate. The two programs are packaged together but somehow only one is extracted. Needless to say, I would love to help out in any way.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
I'm getting my Touch Pro today and I would love to start benchmarking the ROM's that I put on that, as well as the Touch I have now. Is this something I can do myself, just for reference? I'd be happy to share the info. I don't bloat my ROM's with extraneous crap. Almost identical to what you put in them, but I tend to load Oxiox and a couple others after the build, only because I don't know if I can put the newest versions into the kitchen. As an example, in the kitchen, it doesn't install Oxiox Close Apps; just Hibernate. The two programs are packaged together but somehow only one is extracted. Needless to say, I would love to help out in any way.
Yea, you can definitely do it yourself. The program is made my spb and it is free. http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/benchmark/ . If you go to their website and enter your email it will send you a link.

With that said, the link didn't work for me. Ha. Also the program has built in features that let you compare your tests to your other tests, or even compare them to other phones. However both are web-based and they don't seem to work anymore. That is why I had to create charts and everything manually. If the download link they send you doesn't work just search google for the file name that's in the email. That's how I found it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Excellent. I just got my Touch Pro activated last night, so I will get on it this weekend. Thanks a lot!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Have you seen drellisdees rom for the Titan? This is the most solid rom I have seen yet! No kitchen, but supposedly a newer build. This one is a screamer, really sets a new threshold, I would love to see it fairly compared.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55711

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan