PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kid_29 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to kid_29
Mogul vs TP

Why would I give up my Mogul, the TP is only more things to pay for
6800Mogul
Got Me A TouchPro
Old 02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Mogul vs TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_29 View Post
Why would I give up my Mogul, the TP is only more things to pay for
Well, let's see...

1) 4x the RAM for programs (Less out of memory errors)
2) Double the storage memory for programs
3) 520 Mhz (vs. 416 Mhz) processor, i.e, a 25% speed increase
4) Flush screen for better finger control
5) Better keyboard with dedicated number keys
6) Better battery life (Subjective, based on several factors, as always)
7) Better camera (3.2 MP with auto-focus vs. 2.0 MP with no auto-focus)
Smaller and lighter than Mogul even though the screen is the same size and the KB has more buttons

There are more things, but hey, you asked....
Old 02-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Nice synopsis. You have not seen the battery drain fast? My contract is up soon. I have invested in my nice ProClip holder for my car... and I checked that the Pro does not fit. A bit ambivalent.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Nice synopsis. You have not seen the battery drain fast? My contract is up soon. I have invested in my nice ProClip holder for my car... and I checked that the Pro does not fit. A bit ambivalent.
Well, battery runtime is different for everybody, since it varies with signal quality, screen brightness, power CPL settings, processor/RAM usage, etc...

BUT

I ran an informal test on my TP with the stock Sprint ROM and a new battery (1st full charge) in a good coverage area by having TCPMP stream a radio station (using stock wired headset) and even though I was in/out of buildings that had 0/1 bars of coverage for short periods (mostly outdoors), the battery lasted for 4.25 hours of continuous streaming with the screen off 95% of the time.

I doubt the Mogul could have managed this.

I've upgraded to a more efficient Radio ROM (in my opinion) and my battery has had a chance to cycle a few times, so the next time I should get more runtime.

My best advice would be to carry an extra battery. Some Sprint repair stores will give one to you for free if you ask nicely since they don't return them with defective phones.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work

I own Both...although my TP is ATT...
Mogul wasnt great on battery life to begin with but this TP OMG the battery is just horrible. and the options avail for an extended make the phone look like crap. im not one out for looks all the time but geez.
With my mogul i can get through a day using my data....the TP i cant even go though the day about the same talk time as my mogul and get this...i have no data use on the TP and it does drain out more than the mogul. I will say the TP is a great phone performance wise it quick the extra mem is a huge plus.
Im not sure about the CDMA TPs but it also gets really hot when on the phone that im forced to use my BT headset with it.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriver View Post
I own Both...although my TP is ATT...
Mogul wasnt great on battery life to begin with but this TP OMG the battery is just horrible. and the options avail for an extended make the phone look like crap. im not one out for looks all the time but geez.
With my mogul i can get through a day using my data....the TP i cant even go though the day about the same talk time as my mogul and get this...i have no data use on the TP and it does drain out more than the mogul. I will say the TP is a great phone performance wise it quick the extra mem is a huge plus.
Im not sure about the CDMA TPs but it also gets really hot when on the phone that im forced to use my BT headset with it.
To be fair, the AT&T Fuze (TP variant) is GSM while the Sprint Touch Pro is CDMA. They have vastly different power usage curves for technical reasons. In general, GSM devices have longer runtime, but not always.

But even if my TP might have less runtime than my Mogul (Which I can't check since I no longer have a Mogul), I wouldn't trade it for the world. For me, it is better than my Mogul in nearly every measurable way.

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 02-03-2009 at 05:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work

i completely agree with you. which is why i mentioned that its the gsm version. another thing is that i personally like to type on my mogul more since the keys seem to fit my hands better but of course this is personal preference. ill be getting a tp for sprint soon but im going to keep my mogul and 6900 as i find them to be decent devices...for my needs. people seem to forget that these are just personal opinions at times...

Last edited by cardriver; 02-03-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I love everything about my TP more than my old mogul except the following:

Battery Life (was better on mogul)
Scroll Wheel (havent found a program that emulates the touch wheel quite as well)
Multiple Resets a day.....NOT!

I thought the same thing, but I dont pay for anything more than what I paid for my mogul. The camera alone on the TP was worth the upgrade for me, what with the auto focus feature. I take lots of pictures, but everyone is different.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Exclamation Re: Mogul vs TP

And as far as the AT&T Fuze having a working FM Radio (do they also have a front-facing cam or no?) and possibly better battery life, I considered getting one and unlocking it to use on AT&T or T-Mo (Whichever had decent coverage and plans), but Sprint has one thing that holds me with them:

SERO + Discounts!

- 500 Daytime Minutes/mo.
- Unlimited N&W Minutes from 6pm to 7am.
- Unlimited M2M w/ Sprint & Nextel users.
- Unlimited EVDO Rev. A Data (That I can easily tether to a PC for Internet access).
- Unlimited text & MMS.
- Repair & Replacement insurance.
- First Incoming Minute Free.
- 30% MRC Discount.

With San Francisco, CA taxes & fees, I pay $37.58/mo! No other carrier that I know of can match or beat that.

Oh yeah - And if my Sprint coverage is crappy wherever I am, I can roam onto Verizon towers, plus other carriers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan