PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Lurker

kintoro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is freezing normal?

As a recent convert from a Treo 650 I am starting to find a way to use my device and really enjoying it. I have some add-on apps but they all fall on the stable list and the hacks I have put to use have been used by a number of other 6800 users without much issue. So my question is about the device freezing.

This happened in the early days of my 650 but it became very stable over time and then hardly ever reset afterwards I find on the 6800 I am back to regular resets, it might be after a call or for no apparent reason at all. Is this just to be expected because we have a new device, is it because of the RAM issue? Does everyone have regular resets or could I have a potential hardware issue?

Thanks!
K
Old 07-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Lurker

codedancer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had a 6700 for 18 months and the 6800 since it came out and I can say with all of the software and tweaks I have tested it has only frozen once. It has never done it in normal use. Form my experience on the 6700 the usual cause is installing an application on your card that is tied to the Today screen or runs at startup. These should ALWAYS be installed on the device. If you have done that and are still having freezes I would first start commenting out 3rd party links in you Windows/Startup folder.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan