PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: verizon

bagged00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
flashing a custom rom over a custom rom.

hey guys i finally flashed my first rom with in like a week of having my phone. the one thing i dont like about it is its alot of memory so i think i want to get another one. my question is, i used oli2.40 how do i reflash to a new rom. just go into bootloader and put my sd car in with a TITAIMG.nbh file on it or do i need to run oli2.40 again and then do all that stuff again. what some good custom roms?? and how do i find them?? if i do a search for like custom roms or something i dont know what too look for. also want to thank demonlordoftheround(frank) he really helped me out on this.
thanks in advance.
ryan
Old 01-28-2009, 11:22 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: flashing a custom rom over a custom rom.

Look in the Upgrades section for a thread by GaMedic. It explains it all quite thoroughly. If you want to flash a ROM it's just the TITAIMG.nbh step you just mentioned. You only need to flash a bootloader again if you ever take your phone in to be maintained or serviced. That's after you flash the stock ROM of course.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged00 View Post
hey guys i finally flashed my first rom with in like a week of having my phone. the one thing i dont like about it is its alot of memory so i think i want to get another one. my question is, i used oli2.40 how do i reflash to a new rom. just go into bootloader and put my sd car in with a TITAIMG.nbh file on it or do i need to run oli2.40 again and then do all that stuff again. what some good custom roms?? and how do i find them?? if i do a search for like custom roms or something i dont know what too look for. also want to thank demonlordoftheround(frank) he really helped me out on this.
thanks in advance.
ryan
Once you've unlocked your phone with olipro, or anything else for that matter, it's done. Once is all it takes. no2chem and DCD have made a bunch of custom ROM's over time and they are all over the place here. I think it's just as easy to make your own, but it's not as fast.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37245

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45257

Those are a couple found with a quick search on the forums. Make sure you get one for your carrier, too. No Verizon on a Sprint phone, and vice versa.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bagged00 is a n00b

so all ill have to do is get a new rom put it on sd card rename the file titaimg.nbh. go into bootloader and put card in and it be good to go right?? no olipro?? that makes **** super easy awesome. i thought about making my own im going through gamedic thread on how to make one and probably going to attempt one. like when i type in custom roms in search and im going through thread titles, i dont know what to look for to get a good custom rom.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bagged00 is a n00b

trying to do the update right now thats in gamedics thread. evverytime i try to update...during **** getting update something always says error. i dunno what problem is. i might try to uninstall and reinstall tomorrow and see how that does.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged00 View Post
trying to do the update right now thats in gamedics thread. evverytime i try to update...during **** getting update something always says error. i dunno what problem is. i might try to uninstall and reinstall tomorrow and see how that does.
If you're talking about BuildOS, and you're running Vista on your PC, be sure to right-click the program icon and select "Run as Administrator". That screwed me up at first.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:40 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bagged00 is a n00b

no im running xp. damnit well that sucks lol i dun uninstalled it. thanks tho man. ill do that when ever i get off work today.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmm the server could have been down or you may have a firewall blocking it.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

you could also try posting upgrade questions, in the upgrade section, then youd see all the Roms your askiing about
Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bagged00 is a n00b

o ok sorry about that i didnt even really see that up there. thanks man ill start posting any questions there. thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan