PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   My keyboard isn't lighting up =/ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5478)

XMike17 06-29-2007 03:31 AM

My keyboard isn't lighting up =/

When I first started it up a few hours ago the backlit was working fine on the keyboard, now even in the darkest room the keyboard won't light up anymore. is there some way i may have accidently turned it off? thanks

xmentalx 06-29-2007 03:46 AM

see if this helps, i posted this over in the reg tweaks

disable the keyboard ambient light sensor

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\BACKLIGHT set auto sensor from 1 to 0

if your keyboard then lights up, then my guess is your sensor is busted

XMike17 06-29-2007 03:54 AM

sorry for being a n00b... but how do i get into the registry? lol

theFear13ss 06-29-2007 10:52 AM

The location for the backlight sensor is...
Settings > Buttons > Backlight

Make sure the box is checked... if it is, you may still have to check the registry value listed above.

I have noticed on my device that sometimes in dimly lit room the keyboard backlight sometimes takes a few seconds to come on. Sometimes it feels like I can trigger the backlight quicker by sliding my finger across the sensor. maybe the moment of absolute darkness is all it needs. Anyone know if there is a registry setting to control sensitivity?

pixelwix 06-29-2007 11:18 AM

mine does it perfect. lights up only when in low light conditions

Pibe38 06-30-2007 01:25 AM

I was sending a text message with the slide-out keyboard and I knew I was gonna get a reply, so I left the keyboard open and put the device to sleep.

I got the next text message and noticed the keyboard light did not come on? Anyone else notice this behavior?

Rhel 06-30-2007 03:45 AM

I'm getting the exact same issue. however i also have a problem where random keys keep on coming out. so i'm writing a message or for example i'd test by holding d down to get a dddddddddddddddd line. however a random o or x would get thrown in or it will suddenly send the text message before i finish typing it,
I tried a hard reset and I'm still getting this issue so I'm thinking i just got a defective phone or some software i put on it damaged it.

I also tried the registry edit and turning auto sensor off in settings.

ScandaLex 08-26-2007 08:44 PM

On another note, my keyboard is not lifting up. What I am experiencing is the top of the phone extends slightly over the keyboard.

I only noticed this because I was holding it and rubbing my finger across it when I noticed that top and bottom (right side) did not feel flush with one another.

I did a search on "alignment" here at rec'd no hits. I did one on "flush" and rec'd 2 topics that didnt relate to my issue.

Anyone else notice this with their Mogul?