PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 12:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w, HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

kalibar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kalibar
How are you connecting 3.5mm headphones to your Mogul?

How are you guys connecting standard, 3.5mm headphones to your Moguls? I'm eyeballing this adapter at MobilePlanet:

EDIT: Apparently I can't post hyperlinks. To see the adapter I'm talking about, go to MobilePlanet (mobileplanet dot com), click "Windows Pocket PCs" on the left sidebar, click "HTC + Qtek" under that, click "Accessories" under that, and the adapter I'm talking about is #7. It's called "HTC TyTN Y Cable, 11pin to 5pin + 3.5mm".

...but I'll be god damned if that doesn't look suspiciously similar to the 2.5mm Y-splitter that ships with the Mogul.

Honestly though, of all the worthless shit for them to include in the box. An ExtUSB port replicator and a Y-splitter that requires yet another adapter to be chained onto it before your phone will play music through standard, iPod-style headphones? Oh HTC, you cards! ;-*
Old 06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

kalibar is a n00b
Really? Nobody's using 3.5mm headphones?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Machina2o2 is just getting started
I use my Mogul with the 4GB card and use it as an MP3 Player. Im currently Daisy chaining the y splitter with the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter but i think i'll look into this.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM
N00b

stevland is a n00b
Telus / P4000 user here.

Telus has a rebate on Jabra BT320 wireless headphones that basically makes them free (well, if you can call anything free that includes a 3-year contract with mandatory data plan).

http://www.e-katalog.ru/jpg_zoom1/55428.jpg

Anyway, the Jabra wireless BT receiver allows you to plug in any (e.g. iPod style) headphones.

The sound quality is okay, and the volume is not as loud as the HTC stock headphones, and the wireless is a bit testy... but overall they are not too bad.

Also, I like the idea that I can connect the Jabra receiver directly to a friend's stereo or a newer car stereo with a 1/8th-inch cable and play DJ wirelessly.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Machina2o2 is just getting started
Hmm i followed the link that this page sponsors and they have the adapter for only 12 dollars and its more compact than the y spliter im gonna go with that one.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:15 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

kalibar is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machina2o2
Hmm i followed the link that this page sponsors and they have the adapter for only 12 dollars and its more compact than the y spliter im gonna go with that one.
What? Could you link me?

Also, the A2DP->3.5mm solution really isn't appealing to me. I don't want to have to keep track of a separate power adapter to charge the receiver for my headphones.

How bad is the sound quality on the Mogul with wired 3.5mm headphones compared to an iPod or any other standalone MP3 player? I'm just itching to pull the trigger on Shure E4's, but I want for them to sound good on my phone.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Hey can anyone tell me if the Jabra BT-320S uses a miniUSB power adapter like the BT-620S does? I'm lookin around at A2DP options and that's a must for me--I'm a whore for standardized charging connectors
Old 06-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Lurker

baglady215 is a n00b
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...fsoo=1&frpp=25
Old 06-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
I am looking at these as well, but I have a question for anyone that is using them. With the Treo the adapter will play sound out of the audio port while still allowing the mic to pick up your voice. This makes for a great hands free kit in the car. Will the extUSB adapter work this way or will it basically override the mic the way the 6700 adapters did?
Old 06-29-2007, 09:11 PM
N00b

stevland is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
Hey can anyone tell me if the Jabra BT-320S uses a miniUSB power adapter like the BT-620S does? I'm lookin around at A2DP options and that's a must for me--I'm a whore for standardized charging connectors
Yes. Standard miniUSB.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan